Healesville Restaurant Tips by Kate-Me

Healesville Restaurants: 8 reviews and 4 photos

Ice Creamery - Healesville

Ice Creamery

Great Australian Ice Creamery: Ice cream!

The Great Australian Ice Creamery is a franchise/chain, but not too widespread, and all the ones I've been to have been great: about 20 or more flavours of ice cream to choose from, including some out of the ordinary flavours, options like sundays and cream topped ice creams, etc (and possibly they also do pancakes, but I forget)
I believe this one has also just installed one of those self-service Internet kiosks, which is handy, as I didn't see any Internet cafe in town, and didn't notice where the library is.

Favorite Dish: Too many nice flavours to pick just one!
Their waffle cone ice creams with cream on top would probably have to be my choice.

Address: Main street, Healesville

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: at the top end of the street near the Healesville Sanctuary turn-off.

Rating: 4

Theme: Dessert

The Grand Hotel - Healesville

The Grand Hotel

Healesville Grand Hotel: Pub food & fine dining combined

The Grand Hotel is as its name suggests, a rather Grand Hotel. I particularly like the outside appearance, but inside is very nice too.

Favorite Dish: When I've dined here I usually go for the seafood, like fried Calamari or King Prawns with chips and salad, which is great. We didn't get to eat here this trip (I think it was all booked out) but the special of the day advertised outside was Atlantic Salmon for $15.50, which is a very good deal for Salmon, and a good deal also for this pub, whose main meals from memory range between about A$13-$17 with seafood at the higher end, of course.

Address: Main Street, Healesville

Comparison: about average

Rating: 4

Theme: Pub/Brewery

tea rooms & little art gallery - Healesville

tea rooms & little art gallery

Various in Main Street of town: Tea Rooms, Cafes, Takeaways

In the main street, Healesville has a variety of eating venues, from Cafes to pubs, to several takeaways. We didn't have time to try out more than one, so I'm only judging the buildings by outside appearances here, and this one is the one I found most quaint, the only Tea Rooms I noticed in town.

Directions: main shopping street of Healesville and also other takeaways near supermarkets at top end of town.

Rating: 0

Theme: Other

Kate-Me

“Make photos while the sun shines!”

Badges & Stats in Healesville

Have you been to Healesville?