"Healesville in the Yarra Valley" Healesville by Kate-Me
Healesville Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 106 photos
Healesville is located in the hills approx 1 hour's drive north from the centre of Melbourne city.
When I found out a few weeks before that my husband's next rock band gig would be at Healesville, I was rather overjoyed, as visiting a country style town is usually more interesting than playing in Melbourne where we show up, do the show and go straight home.
Healesville is a pretty little touristic town, and just begs to be explored if you're there...and it was certainly begging me.
It is one of my favorite towns in all Victoria (especially for its spectacular wildlife, namely lyrebirds and several species of tame parrots which can be found in the Weir Park on the outskirts of town) and secondly I hadn't visited it for 2 years.
I really looked forward to seeing it all again, and it didn't disappoint.
If anything, it had only got prettier.
We arrived in the afternoon, many hours earlier than the rest of the band, to spend some time simply relaxing and wandering the main shopping street. With its leafy elms and oaks and other non-native trees, the atmosphere can feel almost English. We also admired the Christmas decorated windows. ..
- Pros:Cafes, bushland, forests, the famous Healesville Sanctuary is here
- Cons:Starting to get too busy for a little town
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery, wildlife, much to do
The Yarra Valley is famous for its wineries and there are several very close to Healesville itself, and others a little... more travel advice
On our way back towards Melbourne from Healesville, as we were passing through the town of Diamond Creek, still up in... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Healesville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Healesville in the Yarra Valley"
- "HEALESVILLE ANIMAL SANCTUARY"
- "Healesville : Base for Yarra Valley Wine Touring"
- "Animal Sanctuary"
- "Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary"
- "Healesville Camp Trip"
- "Healesville for begginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Healesville
- Hotels in Healesville
- Transportation in Healesville
- Restaurants in Healesville
- Warnings and Dangers in Healesville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Healesville
- 12 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Healesville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Healesville
Photos in HealesvilleSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues