Katoomba Things to Do Tips by Kate-Me
Katoomba Things to Do: 53 reviews and 108 photos
I found the shops in Katoomba quite interesting - a mixture of normal shops, with antique and curio shops, interesting restaurants and more. There was also some nice architecture - nicely painted stone buildings, almost Art Deco style.
Skyway returning up from the valley
There are several walks which can be taken from Katoomba Falls and Echo Point lookout, way down into the valley below, and for the return journey, to save all that steep uphill walking, you can catch the Skyrail (scenic Cableway) or the scenic train from the bottom of the valley.
Rides return to Scenic World, Cnr Violet St & Cliff Drive, which is open every day from 9 am - 5 pm with last rides 4.50 pm.
Address: Cnr Violet St & Cliff Drive
Phone: (02) 4782 2699
We started the Cliff Drive near our Caravan Park beside Katoomba Falls and followed the road for about 20 minutes, stopping at 2 of the 3 lookout points we passed along the way. It was late in the day, so by the end of our drive, it was getting a bit late for photos.
First was Eagle Hawk lookout, just a few metres walk from the basic parking area. Our next stop was at Land Slide Lookout, a longer walk of a few mins down steps to the lookout point.
Address: Cliff Drive
Directions: about 3 kms from the town centre
The Three Sisters from Echo point railing.
Echo Point is the main lookout point at Katoomba (there are others on the Cliff Drive, though several have very little parking at all). It's one of the best (if not THE best) vantage points for viewing the Three Sisters.
I recommend going there in the morning as it looks like this area is very very touristy and would be packed full during the day (though in the afternoon the sun would be fully on the Three Sisters - difficult to choose)
Address: Echo point road
More Reviews (3)
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Katoomba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KATOOMBA.. NEW SOUTH WALES.."
- "A STAY IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS"
- "Katoomba - key to the Blue Mountains"
- "Heart of the Blue Mountains"
- "The Blue Mountains & Katoomba"
- "Katoomba: The Capital of the Blue Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Katoomba
- Hotels in Katoomba
- Transportation in Katoomba
- Nightlife in Katoomba
- Restaurants in Katoomba
- Shopping in Katoomba
- Warnings and Dangers in Katoomba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Katoomba
- 7 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Katoomba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katoomba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 127 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 46 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues