"Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains" Katoomba by Kate-Me
Katoomba Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 320 photos
Katoomba is the largest town in the Blue Mountains, which are 2 hours drive from Sydney.
I found the Blue Mountains a little less wild than I was expecting, as we drove in on 4 lane freeway most of the way up the mountain until we reached Katoomba, at an altitude of about 1000 feets.
It didn't even look like a mountain till we got to the top.
But once there, we found Katoomba quite quaint, even for a large sized town (population 17,700), with interesting shops, antique shops, boutiques and the surrounding National Park.
As a Victorian, I found the Blue Mountains to be a kind of cross between the Dandenong Ranges (but with less rainforest) and the Grampians National Park (with a bigger and deeper valley and not quite as rocky)
- Pros:Scenic town with beautiful surroundings
- Cons:Not quite as wild as most National Parks
Again, as a Francophile I was just curious when I noticed this place... we didn't have the chance to have a meal here,... more travel advice
I found the shops in Katoomba quite interesting - a mixture of normal shops, with antique and curio shops, interesting... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Katoomba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KATOOMBA.. NEW SOUTH WALES.."
- "A STAY IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS"
- "Katoomba - key to the Blue Mountains"
- "Heart of the Blue Mountains"
- "The Blue Mountains & Katoomba"
- "Katoomba: The Capital of the Blue Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Katoomba
- Hotels in Katoomba
- Transportation in Katoomba
- Nightlife in Katoomba
- Restaurants in Katoomba
- Shopping in Katoomba
- Warnings and Dangers in Katoomba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Katoomba
- 7 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Katoomba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Katoomba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues