"Launceston" Top 5 Page for this destination Launceston by Kate-Me
Launceston Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 364 photos
Launceston is Tasmania's second oldest and second largest city, situated on the Tamar river, to the North East, about 1 hour from Devonport.
It is a pretty place, with much of the city shops in a kind of basin depression and the housing areas on elevated hills surrounding it.
The shopping is quite good, and there are many attractions in and around the area.
- Pros:Quite a nice fairly compact city
- Cons:It's always a bit colder than the rest of Australia
- In a nutshell:A nice place for a holiday with nice old world charm
I see why they call this place Beauty Point. It's rather nice to see the docks area with the mountains in the distant... more travel advice
At Cataract Gorge I really enjoyed seeing the peacocks (they are a fairly common bird to see in some parks in Australia... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Launceston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IMPREXXION: TASMANIA-LAUNCESTON"
- "A weekend in Launie!"
- "Launceston - A Great Intro to Tasmania!"
- "LAUNCESTON - UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Launceston
- Hotels in Launceston
- Transportation in Launceston
- Restaurants in Launceston
- Shopping in Launceston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Launceston
- 10 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Launceston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Launceston
Photos in LauncestonSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues