"Torquay, surf capital" Torquay by Kate-Me
Torquay Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 80 photos
Torquay, located in Victoria about 20 minutes drive from the city of Geelong, is almost undisputedly Australia's most famous surf town,
The famous Bells Beach, right beside Torquay, is home of the world surfing championship Ripcurl Pro each easter, and also home to numerous surf shops and factories.
Unfortunately the last time I visited Torquay it was a sunny day, but without a wave to be seen, and thus barely a surfer, so I contented myself with merely taking a couple of photos of the coast, the neat aboriginal mural painted toilet block in the Bells Beach car park and a surf factory just off the highway in Torquay itself.
The first photo is Torquay's swimming beach on a 'flat' day.
And now here's a shot taken in the carpark at Bells Beach - the decorative changing rooms and toilet block.
- Pros:Australia's most famous surf town
- Cons:You need to be there on a good weather day.
Besides surfing and checking out the beaches at Torquay and Bells Beach, you could also visit some of the many Surf shop... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Torquay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torquay - Surf Coast Capital"
- "Home Town"
- "Bells Beach"
- "Torquay, surf capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torquay
- Hotels in Torquay
- Transportation in Torquay
- Nightlife in Torquay
- Restaurants in Torquay
- Shopping in Torquay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torquay
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Torquay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torquay
Photos in TorquaySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues