"Magnificent Mirepoix" Mirepoix by Kate-Me
Mirepoix Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 22 photos
Located slightly to the south west of Carcassonne, Mirepoix is a medieval city with a wonderful 12th century main square.
We visited it just for an hour, and checked out its Brocante market (antiques) in the square.
Here I'll be displaying my photos of Mirepoix and the nearby village of Vals with its church built in and around a rock.
- Pros:Very charming buildings and iron decorative signs
- In a nutshell:Very pretty mediaeval village
The St Maurice Cathedral, in the heart of the old town, dates from the 14th - 16th centuries. Inside, I found it to be a... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Mirepoix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marvellous Mirepoix"
- "Magnificent Mirepoix"
- "Mirepoix and it's carved heads."
- "This is not the Mirepoix you are looking for . . ."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mirepoix
- 2 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Mirepoix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mirepoix
Photos in MirepoixSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues