"St Etienne" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Étienne by Kate-Me

Saint-Étienne Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 87 photos

St Etienne

The region around St Etienne and part of the Loire is a picturesque part of France my husband and I wouldn't have discovered or been able to visit without the kind help of my husband's Music Internet friend Fred, who invited us to stay with them for a couple of days in their town, Aurec Sur Loire. ....to be continued...

This street in St Etienne is supposed to be the longest straight shopping street in Europe, at 7 kms long (I don't know how they do the comparisons for it to get this title!)

This picturesque hillside is called Mont de La Madelaine, and is in the Loire area, in the region around St Etienne.

• Pros:Picturesque
  • Cons:Somewhat erratic weather
  • In a nutshell:Nice castles, plenty of character
  • Last visit to Saint-Étienne: Aug 2000
  • Intro Updated Jul 2, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2008 at 3:01 AM

I did not know there could be anything interesting in Saint-Etienne , usually, tourists avoid this place

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 7:31 PM

This is, indeed, a beautiful castle. Great to have friends to take you there.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 6:54 PM

I just love castles! It would be great to explore this one...

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2004 at 4:47 PM

I have a friend (here in San Francisco) who's from Saint-Etienne. Now I can say I've seen his ville!

• jide08's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2003 at 2:36 AM

Nice start. I almost got my first job in Saint-Etienne, a few years ago, but instead I foolishly took on something in Paris. Now i do regret it but it's too late.

Kate-Me

“Make photos while the sun shines!”

Badges & Stats in Saint-Étienne

Have you been to Saint-Étienne?

Latest Activity in Saint-Étienne