"Welcome/Bienvenue/Willkommen" Kate-Me's Profile

September 2010
Hi everyone, I've been off VT for a few months.....
and I admit Facebook seduced me....however I came back to VT again and realised how much I've missed it, and how much less superficial VT is from Facebook, where sometimes the only interest in things seems to be in the stupid topics!
I've started a groups page (free of course) on there to give tips and help foreigners (especially French) with English, called "Ameliorez votre anglais". But I've only got 27 people in several months, despite marketing. So yes, some people do prefer the stupid stuff.

In the past 2 years or so, discovered a new hobby, Kayaking. Started out with a Sevylor inflatible, then a 4.2 mt Pathfinder. A recent adventure was in April 2010, in the Port River near Adelaide. Very pleasing to see 2 dolphins which followed us around (or was it the other way round!) for 20 minutes, beside the pier.

Over Xmas 2008, on a 3 day camping/kayaking trip on the Great Ocean Road, we found a great wetlands area to kayak (about 1 1/2 hours duration) at the Kayak club area of Anglesea . Also kayaked at Marengo at Apollo Bay - my first time sea kayaking, more than a little nerve wracking, but worth it, as about 400 mts offshore on rocks is a seal colony, which we could observe (and clearly smell!) from a around 20-25 mts distance. Sea kayaking tours run from the beach here.

Welcome also to people viewing my pages from outside VT,
et bienvenue les francophones (specialement les gens de Australia-Australie.com)

To see the full list of the travel regions/towns/destinations I cover, select
'view all travel pages' link above the map on the right.

By the way, my passport photo at the moment is of an Australian Ring Neck parrot (also sometimes known as the Twenty eight parrot') in the wild in the Park at the famous Gloucester Tree (in Pemberton, south west W.A.)
Bienvenue a tous ceux qui ont acces a ma page Internet grace a Virtual Tourist. Pour voir la liste complete de mes pages voyages personnelles, par region, ville et destination, veuillez SVP selectionner les liens HTML.

"Australia/Oceania" this section covers areas of Aboriginal culture & more outback type destinations.
Travelogues here include:
* Amusing road signs.
* Aussie slang and useful phrases

Hello, Salut, Guten Tag, fellow travellers.

One of my favorite types of holiday in Australia is to pack up the 4WD and go camping & travelling about. If you're into budget travel, you might like to take a look at my "Caravanning and Camping" travelogue under general "Australia" pages. I thought our Caravan Parks worth explaining, as they have many different accommodation styles. They're also quite different to those in Europe.

There's always so much to see in Australia. I'm especially fond of Wildlife viewing & photography and specialise in wildlife holidays, as you'll see from so many of my pages.
I also enjoy snorkeling, tourist caving and bushwalking.

I'm also very interested in European culture, especially France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany and more.
I belong to a French speakers social club like Alliance Francaise - a sub group of us meet once a week for dinner and French conversation. The official Alliance Francaise dinners are held once a month, plus they hold events such as an annual Bastille Day dinner, Christmas dinner, and summer petanque BBQ and competition each year.
(The mission of the Alliance Alliance Francaise network is to foster Cultural & Linguistic links between Australia & France)

En ce moment, je recherche des contact ou des amis francais ou suisses (particulierement ceux de mon age ou moins) qui sejournent deja en Australie ou qui arriveront un peu plus tard.
Si vous souhaitez vous joindre aux membres de "l'Alliance Francaise" de ma ville pendant un ou deux jours durant votre sejour en Australie ou pour diner, ecrivez-moi: creswick@hotmail.com
Ce serait une bonne maniere de partager la vie d'Australiens au sein d'un groupe amical qui parle les deux langues durant nos soirees. Ainsi, il ne vous sera pas necessaire d'avoir un bon anglais.
De temps en temps en ete, nous avons des BBQs et jouons aussi a la petanque ensemble.

NOUVELLE:
Pages bilingues traduites avec l'aide du VTer "skydivefred" et "1Ozman"
Merci beaucoup mes amis!.
1. Huonville, Tasmanie
2. Warrnambool, Vic (Great Ocean Road)
3. The Grampians, Vic (Parc Nationale des Grampians)
If you'd like more information about Australia, especially if you intend to visit.....take a look at my Australia pages. I enjoy promoting tourism.
I used to be a been a volunteer at Ballarat Tourism for about 4 years and really enjoy the tourism industry.

I'm quite expert at sights to see in Victoria, the state I know best. I've travelled almost every road and highway, but happily I still find some great new places to explore.
I've also explored in detail along the coasts of Southern NSW and Eastern South Australia, and Tasmania.

My Best Page: I recommend Mt Gambier. It includes bats, wildlife and special underwater shots in a 50 mt deep sinkhole.
Most Unusual Town Page:Housing/living underground in the Opal fields of "Coober Pedy".
Indoor and outdoor outback art - "Broken Hill".

Hope you enjoy!
Amusez-vous bien!

My birthdaySeptember 2007. Some of my multicultural friends, from Russia, France and Peru.

One of my favorite birds of all, the tiny but spectacular "Superb Blue Wren"

Tram in Flinders St, Melbourne city

Wonderful memories of a beautiful village...

Ah, Akaroa. What fond memories I have of visiting it for the first time in February 2004, and then again in November 2005 and May 2007, and just back again from another trip thre, November 2010. Located on the Banks Peninsula, 1 1/2 hour's drive south of Christchurch (South Island) it is unique, especially in view of the fact that it is New Zealand's only originally French settled village. See my Akaroa pages if you'd like to know how this came about and to see my large collection of photos. Also unforgettable was our swim with rare Hector Dolphins in the bay (see Akaroa Travelogues).

Animal pages

My animal travelogues (collection of best animal pics taken on various holidays) are increasing at such a rate, that it's time I made an index to make them easier to find:

Insects & mini beasts
Koala & Emus
Pelicans
- Mildura
Possums - Mt Gambier
Reptile & Wildlife Park - Ballarat Swans & Cygnets - Lake Wendouree %l*Lake Birds
%l [http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/63422/#TL]Lizards, Canberra%l*[http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/49c78/#TL]Penguins - Auckland NZ
%L*
Dolphins - Akaroa NZ
Seals
- Kaikoura NZ
%l%*cgWombats%l

A little more about me (un peu plus de moi)

MUSIC

extract from song: HIGH - David Hallyday

"Go High - high - high
Up higher than to dream
There are places yet undreamed of
Your heart still yearns to go....."

MUSIC

I'm a keen Melodic Rock music listenerI've decided to collate a page of all the old music gig chapters I have on VT, so here they are.

Portland with Azio
Great Western Rodeo
Healesville with old band Almost Angels
Horsham with Almost Angels
Warrnambool
Ararat
Melbourne, Almost Angels

I also really enjoy French pop and rock, as well as a bit of middle eastern, Spanish and German rock.
Melodic Rock is sometimes a hard genre to define. "Often 80's sounding powerful rock, including keyboard sound" is the best way I can describe it. Favourites of mine include, Asia, Ten, E.L.O., Journey, Foreigner, Tower City and Toto.
This is the very best comprehensive website I can recommend: www.melodicrock.com
Some of my favourite singers:
Jeff Scott Soto (USA)
Jean Jacques Goldman (France),
Gary Hughes (Ten, UK) and
John Payne (Asia, UK)
Daniel Johns (Silverchair, Australia)

Mainstream Music favorites:
Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, Bon Jovi, David Hallyday, Killing Heidi/The Verses (Oz) Eskimo Joe (Oz), The Veronicas and others.

Books: I LOVE books. Pictorial/Travel books: Archaeology, views of European countries, Roman ruins, etc. Novels, etc plus Sci Fi Space Comedy: Lois Bujold McMaster is absolutely brilliant with this! Nora Roberts (USA) is my favorite Romance/Mystery author of all time and I really like Iris Johanssen's murder/thrillers as well.

• Intro Updated Nov 18, 2010

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Extremely interesting browsing through your travel pages!!!

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Interesting profile and i notice you are from Ballarat. In '92 i left a hostel in Melbourne and got the train out to Ballarat so i could start hitching to Darwin. Unfortunately it was a cold rainy blustery day and very difficult to find a spot to hitch from, but i ended up on the road out of Ballarat with trees each side and i stood there for hours. It was really difficult for a vehicle to stop, but eventually a trucker stopped and as soon as i got in his cab he drove off and produced an 18 inch knife and asked me what i thought of it! Turned out he was an ex Hell's Angel from Adelaide who was paid by an English lass to marry her so she could get her residency. He took me all the way to Port Augusta and we had a great conversation together ...and he collected knives!!!!!!!!!!!!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Happy Birthday, PJ

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Tous mes voeux pour un joyeux Noël rempli de joie, d'amour et de sérénité!

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
      Dec 28, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Merci Beaucoup Isa. J'espere que tu as passe un tres joyeux noel, et bonne chance pour une tres heureuse 2013!

• trintrinn's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Hi,Kathryne. Saw your profile and other details.We have many common interests.As,I saw your INDIAN party photo also, I would like you to visit INDIA.Write something more about you.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Hi Kate, belated birthday wishes! nice to come back to your HP to say hello and see your latest! the Francaise Alliance meetings sound great! Im back in Morocco for about 4 weeks recup where i do try to use a bit of french but my grammar is pretty useless!

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Bon anniversaire Kathryn! Bonnes salutations des Alpes suisses ;-) Patrick aka Tripack

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Heya Katie, hope you're having a good one down under

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2012 at 3:55 AM

You are among one in 1411 VT members on today's birthday list. Cheers. Wish you a great happy birthday, healthy and wealthy to keep your travelling hobby.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Kate-Me

“Make photos while the sun shines!”

Real Name