"Get some Fresh Air" Top 5 Page for this destination Reutte by adambeau
Reutte Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 46 photos
When visiting the nearby Bavarian King's castles from this pristine Tirolian location, perfect harmony and balance can easily be attained by those seeking a place that's 'off the beaten track' and is 'a less tourist indulged getaway'.
A 1-hour hike along early Roman-formed trails used during the conquest of Europe from Italy will bring you to the foot of the castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau.
Those with a car will have a definite advantage to explore the sites of this town with only limited time, and the castles are a short 5-15 minute drive away depending on how many times you stop to admire the landscape or talk to the locals.
Few Americans even know about this jewel of a destination unless you're a WW2 history buff or keen on the origins of the US space program, but many Germans and Austrians do, and they are well aware it's climate and doctor recommended air deserve at least a week long holiday.
Reutte is a small, intimate town where the people you meet will instantly become the wonder of your entire stay.
In addition to the lofty Tirol mountain setting of this town, crisp, clean healthy air, Reutte (and please don't forget to roll that 'R') has a few attractions worth a visit, including the Ehrenberg Ruins, the remains of it's one and only real castle on the road toward Innsbruck, and the Luge (there are actually two) for those thrill seekers.
A new museum is scheduled to open at Ehrenberg in 2003.
A better way to enjoy this location, or to arrive at the castles in a scenic 30-minutes, is a bike ride along the Lech River.
- Pros:Crisp clean air and not so tourist congested.
- Cons:is not home.
- In a nutshell:Reward yourself with a visit.
adambeau's Related Pages
Reutte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "reutte austria"
- "Reutte a special place for us"
- "Get some Fresh Air"
- "Tyrolian Mountains"
- "Don´t listen to Rick Steves"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reutte
- Hotels in Reutte
- Transportation in Reutte
- Restaurants in Reutte
- Shopping in Reutte
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reutte
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Reutte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reutte
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Boston Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Berchtesgaden Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Germany Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Austria Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reutte Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
Latest Reutte hotel reviews
- Gutshof zum Schluxen
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013