Sendai Things to Do Tips by yen_2 Top 5 Page for this destination
Sendai Things to Do: 22 reviews and 44 photos
I was amazed how Sendai has a great shopping areas around the Train Station. They have the elevated floors only for the sky walking which stretches to all the area, it reaally is designed nicely like the Train Station in OSAKA but I find Sendai much wonderful as it's not too crowded to compare! you can find branded wears from apparels to Japanese food chains in the ground area.
Address: Sendai Train Station,JR areas.
Directions: After you exit from the Train Station.
For the Donto Festival, which is held on January 14 each year, the Osaki Hachiman Shrine is decorated with pine boughs, and visitors pray for health and prosperity during the coming year as the prayer cards (ofuda) of the past year are burnt in a bonfire.
Pictures will come later! thanks..
Directions: Hachiman Jinja bus stop (City Bus from Sendai Stn., JR).
The shrine, which has been designated a national treasure, is representative of elaborate Momoyama style architecture. The shrine was built by Masamune Date in 1607, who patterned it after the Toyokuni Shrine in Kyoto.
Pictures will come later as I have to look for them...oh too many thing sto do;-)
Directions: Hachiman Jinja bus stop (City Bus from Sendai Stn., JR
More Reviews (11)
yen_2's Related Pages
Sendai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sendai..my first countryside visit"
- "Welcome to Sendai"
- "Straight Out of Inaka and into Sendai!"
- "My Sendai"
- "Let's not say bye to Sendai!"
- "Sendai - Mexico vs Ecuador (June 9 2002)"
- "Sharrie's Sendai Promenade"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sendai
- Hotels in Sendai
- Transportation in Sendai
- Nightlife in Sendai
- Restaurants in Sendai
- Shopping in Sendai
- Warnings and Dangers in Sendai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dumaguete City Hotels
- Delwood Beach Hotels
- Crescent Junction Hotels
- Male Island
- North America
- Giant City State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Sendai
- 14 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Sendai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sendai
Photos in SendaiSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (108)
Latest Sendai hotel reviews
- Dormy Inn Sendai Annex
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Sendai Kokusai Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2010
- Holiday Inn Sendai
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Metropolitan Sendai Hotel
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013