"Sendai..my first countryside visit" Top 5 Page for this destination Sendai by yen_2
Sendai Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 183 photos
I was happy to hear that finally I will be in Japan after waiting my 3 year long visa which took about a week to have it! The first time I saw the skyline from above in Narita, I was thinking of big, tall and even huge buildings but hey "Where's the buildings? Why is it it's too green and it's in the forest? hahaha..figure out after that Tokyo is way too far from Narita! Take the Narita Express for 1 hr and a half to Tokyo, and there are toooo many people in the Central Station and the first thing I thought was how I'm gonna say "How much is this one?" I was hungry that time..But have the small Japanese notes and said "Ikura desu ka?" hah! The time in Japan has just started!
Went in <B>Sendai</B> after 5 days in Tokyo and It's a peaceful and quite place..I was thinking of where can i possibly eat? I don't like sushi that time..so, here i go again..eating at my last frontier, the McDonalds! Yeppee..They have a food chain but when hubby told me we'll stay there for a couple of weeks??? My, where I'm gonna eat again? Luckily, METROPOLITAN HOTEL near the Train Station has a fabulous restaurant that foods are to die for! hehehe..Alas! I did stayed for weeks..as we proceeded to KITAKATA(haven't build this page yet) the other week! Unfortunately, no ala National Georaphic pics that you can find here as I don't even like to have pics on me that time..
Sendai has a myriad of fascinating attractions for visitors from abroad; the longer you stay in the city, the more you will find. It offers a wonderful urban experience for visitors. A mild climate, 400 years' tradition, a harmonious combination of beautiful nature and urban facilities, and a bountiful harvest from land and sea - all these blessings make Sendai attractive. A well-organized transportation network, an exceptionally low crime rate, and the graciousness of the residents all contribute to a pleasant visit. Unlike some of the older cities in Japan, you cannot expect to see 1,000-year old architecture in Sendai, but it has only 400 years' history as a town. The Sendai area is not associated with such prosperous industries as seen in the western part of the country since the city has been supported mainly by rather small industries based on agriculture.
- Pros:Peaceful countryside where isn't behind with the trend!
- Cons:I had a hard time eating Japanese foods as first timer!
They have bigger rooms compare to the first one but the same cleanliness though it's newer I guess. The bed is big and... more travel advice
The people are very deciplined, respectfull and cheering so need not worry about too much.Enjoy the moment while you're... more travel advice
yen_2's Related Pages
Sendai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sendai..my first countryside visit"
- "Welcome to Sendai"
- "Straight Out of Inaka and into Sendai!"
- "My Sendai"
- "Let's not say bye to Sendai!"
- "Sharrie's Sendai Promenade"
- "htbthomas's Stories from Sendai Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sendai
- Hotels in Sendai
- Transportation in Sendai
- Nightlife in Sendai
- Restaurants in Sendai
- Shopping in Sendai
- Warnings and Dangers in Sendai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sendai
- 14 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Sendai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sendai
Photos in SendaiSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues