"Baguio City" Baguio City by yen_2

Baguio City Travel Guide: 830 reviews and 2,409 photos

During the first week of January 2001, two days after the New Year, my hubby and I have the oppurtunity to visit the Summer Capital of the Philippines and stayed for 4 days. Baguio, for me wasn't the place I imagined it was as most of my friends told me it was nice but this is only my idea though I had the best times as I'm with my hubby! We went to the well-known Philippine Military Academy, The Mansion, I forgot the name of the famous viewing from the mountain area. Riding a horse and staying a hotel at the famous Session Road(Never mind the hotel name, you'll never like the so called "Costumer Service"), and people watching at the Burnham Park, went to the Shopping in Mines View Park, St. Louis School, Narda?s Handicrafts, Baguio City Market and the Good Shepherd Convent sell souvenir items from wood carvings to fruit preserves. I even went to the ukay-ukay area there...We pass by the Camp John Hay , formerly the rest and recreation station of U.S. military troops, maintains the best recreational facilities in Baguio. An 18-hole golf course. Pictures will be Later..as I will have to scan them...

FACTS:
It is located in the mountainous region of the Benguet Province where the world-renowned rice terraces and the indigenous people known as the Igurot are found. Baguio's climate can be ten degrees cooler, although, the road to this popular destination can sometimes be treacherous.<I>(this factoids is from other website)

• Pros:Fresh air from the mountain and a bit cold as it's situated in the mountain..
  • In a nutshell:City of Pines and the Summer Capital...more than this..
  • Last visit to Baguio City: Jan 2001
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2004

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 4:31 AM

Nice tips and photos of Baguio. Hope to visit some time soon. Hi from Boracay! :)

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 7:57 PM

Hi Yen. Great Baguio page. Happy Birthday. Have a great day.

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 6:22 AM

Hi! Beautiful impressions here, you have had a good time, I guess. These trucks/busses are great, make me remember the busses in Bolivia ;-) not same, but similiar...

• sasa2977's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2004 at 5:48 AM

great tips on Baguio, love the mountains & flowers, will try to visit next year!

• Guitarist's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 12:03 PM

WOW! Fantastic page makes me want to pack up and go.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2003 at 9:11 AM

Despite the bad hotel service, it looks like you and your hubby had a great time. I was at the John Hay Base in the 70s.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 5:29 PM

I saw a TV show about Baguio City and people who supposedly do surgeries with their hands. Looks like a nice little town in a beautiful area.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 6:28 AM

Great page! Wonderful tips & photos! Beautiful place! :-)

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2003 at 7:16 PM

your page brings back great memories of my visit there some 20 years ago (Marcos still being president then); my impression of the market was much better than yours, though; but obviously not only the political situation has changed since;

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2003 at 6:48 AM

Lovley pics of you two. Glad you got to spend some time with hubby. Nice job.

Badges & Stats in Baguio City

Have you been to Baguio City?

Latest Activity in Baguio City