"Baguio City" Baguio City by yen_2
Baguio City Travel Guide: 830 reviews and 2,406 photos
During the first week of January 2001, two days after the New Year, my hubby and I have the oppurtunity to visit the Summer Capital of the Philippines and stayed for 4 days. Baguio, for me wasn't the place I imagined it was as most of my friends told me it was nice but this is only my idea though I had the best times as I'm with my hubby! We went to the well-known Philippine Military Academy, The Mansion, I forgot the name of the famous viewing from the mountain area. Riding a horse and staying a hotel at the famous Session Road(Never mind the hotel name, you'll never like the so called "Costumer Service"), and people watching at the Burnham Park, went to the Shopping in Mines View Park, St. Louis School, Narda?s Handicrafts, Baguio City Market and the Good Shepherd Convent sell souvenir items from wood carvings to fruit preserves. I even went to the ukay-ukay area there...We pass by the Camp John Hay , formerly the rest and recreation station of U.S. military troops, maintains the best recreational facilities in Baguio. An 18-hole golf course. Pictures will be Later..as I will have to scan them...
It is located in the mountainous region of the Benguet Province where the world-renowned rice terraces and the indigenous people known as the Igurot are found. Baguio's climate can be ten degrees cooler, although, the road to this popular destination can sometimes be treacherous.<I>(this factoids is from other website)
- Pros:Fresh air from the mountain and a bit cold as it's situated in the mountain..
- In a nutshell:City of Pines and the Summer Capital...more than this..
Baguio City which is also known as the Summer Capital of the Philippines or the City of Pines. Best time to visit is... more travel advice
Be very aware of the people around you..There might be pickpockets around though the place has a very nice place for... more travel advice
yen_2's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 8 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues