"Queen City of the North" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu by yen_2

Province of Cebu Travel Guide: 696 reviews and 1,890 photos

I've been to in countless times, this humid place makes me really want to come back again and again, the friends I made and the wonderful memories I had in this beautiful place..ahhh..who could resist?;-)

This place was were the Portuguese Navigator, Magellan first step in to the shore and build the cross which is now one of the must see place in the city. Shopping with Cebuano crafts shouldn't be missed and if you're in town around the second Sunday of January then the Sinolog Festival for the celebration of the patron Saint Santo Nino'(Ninyo) is the month celebration where most of the Filipino come across to witness the festival! Nightlife too pulsates lively and of course I can get there along as I have great set of friends back there... I can't ask for more...! One of my favorite place:)
I have the best times of my life in here!

All photos posted here in my VT pages are taken by me (of course,except the one when I'm in it).Please do not use any of them without my consent. Sometimes, when I want to show or illustrate something in my tips, I get one from the other sources. And in all those cases, due credit is given.Thank you.

Facts:
This structure house the original wooden cross planted in 1521 by Portuguese navigator Magellan on the shore of Cebu to symbolize the colonization of the country in behalf of his employer, King Philip II of Spain. With the inclusion of the design of this structure on the official seal of the city of Cebu, the kiosk has become the logo of Cebu City.(from:Cebu.com)

• Pros:Not too cowrded and have some lovely beaches..
  • Cons:Get's too hot specially in the summer..
  • Last visit to Province of Cebu: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 11, 2006

• May 29, 2007 at 8:02 PM

can you help me to find some hotel and the contact number and Im looking to the parklane hotel too,

• Dec 6, 2006 at 7:45 PM

Hi! just wanted to say that your info really helped me in planning my trip to Cebu city! and your enthusiasm form the place made me feel really good about having chosen to visit Cebu! thanks alot:-D

• kilroy238's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 4:47 AM

less than 10 bucks is right. more like $4 to feed several poeple. They food is awesome. I have been here for 5 months now. I eat there several times a week.

• ahoerner's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2004 at 11:30 PM

I think I will be back to your page to get to know more about Cebu... my next trip destination... thanks for the tips, Alex

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 3:27 AM

I remember my memories in this area.....when i had a date and my bakya was torn out :-D Great page you have! thx

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2004 at 4:44 PM

Absolutely stellar page. One of the best on VT. Moving, emotional, and heartfelt. (Dang! How do you do that?!?!) ;o) Jeff-

• Ramonq's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2004 at 1:47 AM

When I visit the Philippines next time, I need to get out of Manila and explore the rest of the country. Baguio, Cebu, Boracay, Davao here I come!!

• sasa2977's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2003 at 11:55 AM

crab meat sounds good to me! great info, hope to visit Cebu someday, heard alot about it!

• SAMFEAT's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2003 at 8:20 AM

Hello Yen. You travel a quite a lot. I live in Cebu and I am quite intrigue by ur pages. You have lots photos...makes me think that you know my hometown more than I do. I am challenged. :-) I am glad that included my hometown in ur pages.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2003 at 11:11 PM

Looks like Magellan picked a pretty spot to land.... Nice page, Yen..

Badges & Stats in Province of Cebu

Have you been to Province of Cebu?

Latest Activity in Province of Cebu