"Sweet touch of my childhood..." Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City by yen_2

Iligan City Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 346 photos

....We had a wonderful week!9/27/03..

Iligan City is located at the northwestern coast of Mindanao and this is where I came from, my siblings are in here and lived in this place for almost 21 years, I have the best times of my life. I grew up in here and it's nice to remember all those good things and bad things happened. This place has a very soft spot in my heart where I can't trade it for anything!

Iligan means a secret place! We don't have some big malls and if we have, a cutie department store but it will close in 7 pm! We also have hotels, inns as a matter of fact this city is the Industrialized City of the South as we have more than 20 different kinds of industry! You can't wonder why there are area covered with cement! The best places to visit around is the waterfalls, beaches, and swimming pools! Iligan is also known nationwide with its amazing waters. We have the Maria Christina Falls which supplies all over Mindanao the hydro power. The Timoga Swiimming Pools, you will love this place since this is a flowing swimmimg pools not a stagnant one! The Tinago Falls, that I jus got recently, will take your breath away! because of the blue water and the 365 steps down! Well, it's worth a climb after all!

Tinago Falls located exactly in Barangay Maria Christina around 30 mintues from the city proper. You will have to pay for only 15 pesos(less than $.30)/person and you have to be healthy, means you don't have a high blood or any heart conditions if you want to go down in the 365 steps and of course another 365 steps up! It may sounds really tiring but to those who love to see the waterfalls its really Amazing and Beautiful.

As you can see this is the side of the main flawing water. The waterfalls is a pure heaven to those who love to swim the 55ft deep...As said, it is advisable to have a life jacket if you're not that good swimmer. You can also check-out the cave infront of the falls. I mean, there are alot of things to do but be very careful in this area specially if its already dark to take your swimming or anything to do with there.

NOTE

All photos posted here in my pages are taken by me (of course,except the ones when I'm in it). And in some cases,
when I use some facts taken from the other website, due credit is given.Please do not use them without my consent.

• Pros:Welcome to the City of Waterfalls...
  • Cons:Stay away with those quiet places..there's still some gangs..
  • Last visit to Iligan City: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2006

• Jul 27, 2010 at 8:58 PM

My GF who is studying @ MSU in Marawi City, definitely recommends against Visit Marawi City , & has personally been dangerously close to a Bomb explosion that took place in Illigan in 2009 at an internet cafe.

• May 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Nice picture, I recognized the Name and the place of the restaurant. I have been to this place. Good food!

• Sep 6, 2006 at 5:48 AM

hi yen. i wish to visit iligan. would you know the "restauros" ?

• dznguy's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Hey, Yen. I'll be visiting Iligan City next week after over 30 years of absence. Thanks for sharing your photos and experience.

• Sep 7, 2004 at 10:17 PM

Ang ganda naman ang mga falls. Wonderful job! Wish I could just dive right in! =)

• catcher's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 3:57 PM

A real nice place to be .........

• Guitarist's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2004 at 12:12 PM

A place I could fall for, maybe a nice place to retire.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2003 at 11:29 PM

Breathtaking and so inspiring !! Love the falls !

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 12:28 AM

Iligan sure has some beautiful waterfalls!! The crabs look yummy!!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2003 at 10:41 PM

Great Page Dear Yen! Splendid indeed!

Badges & Stats in Iligan City

Have you been to Iligan City?

Latest Activity in Iligan City