"Sweet touch of my childhood..." Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City by yen_2
Iligan City Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 393 photos
Iligan City is located at the northwestern coast of Mindanao and this is where I came from, my siblings are in here and lived in this place for almost 21 years, I have the best times of my life. I grew up in here and it's nice to remember all those good things and bad things happened. This place has a very soft spot in my heart where I can't trade it for anything!
Iligan means a secret place! We don't have some big malls and if we have, a cutie department store but it will close in 7 pm! We also have hotels, inns as a matter of fact this city is the Industrialized City of the South as we have more than 20 different kinds of industry! You can't wonder why there are area covered with cement! The best places to visit around is the waterfalls, beaches, and swimming pools! Iligan is also known nationwide with its amazing waters. We have the Maria Christina Falls which supplies all over Mindanao the hydro power. The Timoga Swiimming Pools, you will love this place since this is a flowing swimmimg pools not a stagnant one! The Tinago Falls, that I jus got recently, will take your breath away! because of the blue water and the 365 steps down! Well, it's worth a climb after all!
Tinago Falls located exactly in Barangay Maria Christina around 30 mintues from the city proper. You will have to pay for only 15 pesos(less than $.30)/person and you have to be healthy, means you don't have a high blood or any heart conditions if you want to go down in the 365 steps and of course another 365 steps up! It may sounds really tiring but to those who love to see the waterfalls its really Amazing and Beautiful.
As you can see this is the side of the main flawing water. The waterfalls is a pure heaven to those who love to swim the 55ft deep...As said, it is advisable to have a life jacket if you're not that good swimmer. You can also check-out the cave infront of the falls. I mean, there are alot of things to do but be very careful in this area specially if its already dark to take your swimming or anything to do with there.
All photos posted here in my pages are taken by me (of course,except the ones when I'm in it). And in some cases,
when I use some facts taken from the other website, due credit is given.Please do not use them without my consent.
- Pros:Welcome to the City of Waterfalls...
- Cons:Stay away with those quiet places..there's still some gangs..
It would be in Tinago Falls. I would really like you to be there..amazing and refreshing! Words cannot do justice and so... more travel advice
You can noticed mini-stores beside the houses. I usually buy chichiryas in this mini stores when I was a kid! It was... more travel advice
yen_2's Related Pages
Iligan City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweet touch of my childhood..."
- "ILIGAN CITY"
- "Iligan City.........Simply Amazing !"
- "City of Waterfalls"
- "Iligan City"
- "Iligan City, Mindanao, Philippines"
- "Quaint City in Northern Mindanao"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iligan City
- Hotels in Iligan City
- Transportation in Iligan City
- Nightlife in Iligan City
- Restaurants in Iligan City
- Shopping in Iligan City
- Warnings and Dangers in Iligan City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iligan City
- 48 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Iligan City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iligan City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues