"A Home away from Home..." Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to by yen_2

Tokyo-to Travel Guide: 5,146 reviews and 13,710 photos

I have added tips in my must see page(I may not finish this page as as I'll jusy keep adding some tips)..I'm also new in Tokyo, we already got here many time years back but all were just a whirlwind..Now, that we live here, I hope to add some of the nicest way around, foods, places to go shopping-ladies, be ready with your cridet card, gents-ready to scratch your head if you're going to get over to Ginza! And some interesting sightseeings..It will take awhile but bear with me or stay tuned! But if you're in a hurry for good tips, you can always go for the top tip maker in here, there are a bunch! Just a click away..up right and click the Tokyo-to!

Note: All my tips here are mostly all about Tokyo. I put it here as I already have a Tokyo Page that I already used. Thanks!

Transportation: Going around

Actually, we don't have a car here as JR TRains goes all over Japan. Besides that, having a car is another expense, the car park which usually cost $200 to $300 monthly and the ptrol maintenance and etc. And specially in Tokyo there are over 12 million people who lives here. So, you can imagine how many cars there are! But, the most easiest way to go around is by train. It can get too traffic if you want to go around by car. But even if you're taking a train, avoid the busiest time of the day. Around 7 am to 9 are the busiest time. Tokyo Metropolitan Station? Gosh..don't ask me! Shinjuku, Shibuya and etc..are the busiest stations in Tokyo. Even in Kameido, this is our nearest station, it can get too cowded! Here's the link for the JR Railway. Japan Rail

Transportation: Getting from Narita to Tokyo

The fastest way to getting to Tokyo is the Narita Express(NEX), a color red train. All train goes through Tokyo station, others goes to Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Omiya and Yokohama. The seats are reserve and the trains runs from 30 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. It takes 80min. to Shinjuku which the fare is 3,200+ yen and in Tokyo Station about 53 minutes and the fare is 3000yen. You better book in advance if you don't want a hassle. Information on NEX seats

Transportation: Buses

Limousine Buses- Runs from Narita Airport to many Tokyo Hotels and cost mostly likely 3000yen but obviously sensitive to traffic! Do not ever take a taxi from the airport unless you are prepared to pay $200 to $300.

City Buses- Most buses within the city operates in a single fare which is 210yen. Passenger enters at the front door. And I've read that mostly when it's outside the city, you have to enter at the back door and get your numbered ticket! It corresponds to the fare board above the driver and you'll pay it before exiting in the front door!

Night Buses to Kansai Region- I never tried this before but I've read that it's most likely 5000yen one way and round trip for 9500yen. Must be the most economical way to pay a visit to the old Capitals and WEstern Japan. Buses leaves from Shinjuku and Tokyo Disney Resort every night. For more information you can call 03-5643-7006 or this Night Buses for Kansai Region

Transportation: Taxis

Most train Stations and hotels have taxi stands,but cabs can be flagged almost anywhere. The meter starts usually by 660yen. Some has 650yen and 500yen. And some,accepts credit cards but not all.If possible bring map to your destination as well as the full address. Not all drivers can understand and knows english well! Nihon Kotsu offers a 24 hr English dispatch interpration service,tel # is 03-3799-9220(just read this info).

For Flight information, Narita Airport , tel # 0476-3432-8505

Accomodations: *Apartments

There are alof of accomodations wherever for sure you wanna hook up here. But,it would be much expensive if you're thinking of a 4 to 5 star hotels. Usually it's $200 to $300/day approximately. But, there are also ryokans that are not much expensive, affordables and reasonable. Of course we want a clean and comfortable room after a heavy walking in the day. I would suggest that there are guest houses that offers a reasonable price over this expensive city! Try this Sakura House I haven't tried this though but it seems as the prices are very affordable.

Here are some apartments:
Joint Rent
Fontana Apartments & Guest Houses
Roppongi Mansions

Note: Problems with my accomodation tips is I haven't tried any of it. I just thought it would be much helpful to have a link so that you can check it out if it's affordable and is accesible. We live here so we don't really need a hotel.Sorry!

Cridet Cards: *Telephone numbers

Cridet Cards are being accepted mostly all the big and small establishments. Here are some telephone #'s.

American Express-0120-020-120

Avis-0120-311-911
Hertz-0120-489-882
Japan Rent-a-Car-03-3468-7126
Nippon Rent-a-Car-03-3469-0919

More later please...Bear with me!

• Pros:High-tech as in..Polite and obedient people..
  • Cons:One of the most expensive places in the world! And sometimes racial decrimenation is a problem!
  • Last visit to Tokyo-to: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 18, 2004

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2006 at 2:59 AM

Your pics bring back fond memories!! Cant wait to go back!! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 3:15 AM

Excellent tips and photos of tokyo, bring back good memories of this wonderful and vibrant city!

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 4:29 AM

Great Toyko pages, love your photos, my step daughter is studing Japanese at uni and will spend a year in toyko next year

• Phalaenopsis03's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 6:00 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I saw you on the VT homepage today. Woohoo, you're still strong and popular. Hope all is well. Haven't seen ya in a long time on VT. Miss ya!

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 11:30 AM

Wonderful and colorfull page!!!! hope to visit Japan someday!!!!

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 4:05 PM

Nice page. My little sister lives in Tokyo - must visit her again one day!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 10:59 AM

Kabucki-cho & Laox Building - memories - & how are you ;-)))

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 4:46 AM

Great tips!

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 7:19 AM

Exellent page and information,i used to be a punk,lol.

• urban4est's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2004 at 5:58 AM

Not Denny too!! At Kichijoji was a favorite restaurant. Three floors were different Japanese styles. Several years later I sought it on a return visit. In its place was McDonald!!!!! I also could not find anywhere at the station to buy bangasa anymore.

yen_2 Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Tokyo-to

Have you been to Tokyo-to?

Latest Activity in Tokyo-to