"The greenier Pasture?" Top 5 Page for this destination Bang Pa-in by yen_2
Bang Pa-in Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 275 photos
We arrived around 9:00am in the morning and directly go to the Bang Pa-in Summer Palace, it was a great day as we arrived early where there weren't many visitors around. I guess, it's best to go there very early to avoid the rush with the other visitors. After a few minutes of walking around, visitors are coming and I even saw students with their uniforms, I guess they were around 50 to 60 students-a field trip maybe! My first impression was greeny! I'm not very surprised because in my home country we also have lavish greeny gardens. Anyway, the palacehas a charming collections of pavillions built in Thai, Chinise, Italian and Victorian architectural styles, and are sorrounded by beautiful gardens and clean lakes around. It was said that the palace was served as a summer palace of Thai monarchs since the 17th century.
The palace is subdivided in two sections, which is the Outer and the Inner Palace. Where the Outer consisits of buildings for public and ceremonial uses, while the Inner Palace is reserved for the King and his immediate family. Formerly the Inner Palace is forbidden to male members of the court.
The Principal buildings of the outer Palace is the follwg;
Ho Hem Monthian Therawat, Saphakan Ratchaprayun, and the Phra Thinang Waraphot Phiman.
The Inner Palace is separated from the Outer Palace by a covered bridge with a louvered wall from which the court ladies could look out without being seen themselves.
This bridge is the one that connects the Warophat Phiman Mansion to the Therawat Khanlai (The God King Goes Forth)Gate; which is the principal entrance to the inner.
Located in the Inner are;
Phra Thinang Uthayan Phumisathian, Ho Withun Thasana, Phra Thinang Wehart Chumrun, Phra Tamnak Fai Nai, memorials to the Queen and childrens of King Chulalongkorn.
- Pros:Charming Summer Palace..
- Cons:Best to go there at the early morning because of the heat.
- In a nutshell:Pretty gradens sorrounding the different architectures!
I found this out by just looking for some picturesque part of the place but we have different views in everything we saw... more travel advice
This photo of me and the tower has a funny storey...I just thought I was in Pisa when hubby took this..He's laughing why... more travel advice
yen_2's Related Pages
Bang Pa-in Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The greenier Pasture?"
- "The Park of Kings.. Bang-Pa In"
- "Bang Pa-In"
- "Bang Pa-In Palace"
- "Bang Pa-In"
- "In the area of Bang-Pa-In Palace"
- "Thailand, Bang-Pa-In"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bang Pa-in
- Transportation in Bang Pa-in
- Restaurants in Bang Pa-in
- Shopping in Bang Pa-in
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bang Pa-in
- 31 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bang Pa-in?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bang Pa-in
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues