"Khao Yai National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Ban Khao Yai by yen_2

Ban Khao Yai Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 293 photos

Khao Yai National Park, almost 4 hrs northeast of Bangkok consists of moist evergreen forest, mixed deciduous forest, and dry evergreen. With some 2,000-2,500 plant species, over 350 bird species, and large mammals including elephants, white handed gibbon, gaur, Asiatic black bear and wild dog, Khao Yai is a natural choice for a Wild Watch adventure. (<I>from wildwatch</I>)

Hiking,me? Well, not exactly..It's not my type and believe me, I almost fainted!haha... I can't stand hiking for how many kilometers. But thanks to the rain when we visited as we drive some parts of the visit!;-) But after all, I had alot of fun.You see, hubby and I had the chance to be all alone, away from the chaos of the city, away from his work the most and just be in the nature! But geee..I never imagine hubby would pick this one..with all those mosquitos..and above all, being in the top of the hill without electricty camping out! Hmm..I love it..;-)

Note: All my tips and pics are personalized ideas..Sorry, if you can't get enough informations when you want to go visit.

• Pros:Nature lovers love this place. It's good for a hike and with natures..
  • Cons:No electricity for most of the park.
  • Last visit to Ban Khao Yai: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated May 15, 2004

• jrs1234's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 3:58 PM

Great pictures, Yen - when I went to Khao Yai I was very lazy - only walked a little bit :-)

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 7:14 PM

A great place for a hike except we saw a cobra.

• globerover's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2004 at 3:07 PM

This is a place I still have to explore in Thailand; thanx for your tips, they will be most helpful ...

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2004 at 1:16 PM

Wow, what a gorgeous pic of the lake!

• nicoleken's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2004 at 3:39 AM

I like the waterfalls very much ! Relaxing places and cool pictures !

• Phalaenopsis03's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 8:23 AM

Looks like a great place for serenity and relaxation. Cool waterfalls!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 8:48 PM

Lucky you look local and can pay a cheaper price:-) A quiet and relaxing place. Nice to escape the city noises. The waterfall area is very pretty. A nice visit for you.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2004 at 4:15 AM

I like the nature you catch and put in your pages Yen!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2004 at 10:43 AM

Great pics!! When are we going to read more about your experiences???

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2004 at 9:06 PM

Say it again, Yen ... evergreen forest? Awwww, lucky you!!! And tell me whenever you're finish with this page :) Kiss to baby Angel!!!!!

Badges & Stats in Ban Khao Yai

Have you been to Ban Khao Yai?

Latest Activity in Ban Khao Yai