"Along the Bay..." Chon Buri by yen_2

Chon Buri Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 86 photos

...just waiting for the sun to come down...

..and here it goes...

Chonburi is in the East of Bangkok and merely 2 hours drive. It is s province situated near the bay and the famous Pattaya is one of the towns. You can find pretty parks along the bay in this area and of course a sunset that will take your breath away! The place has an area of 4,363 sq.kms.

Anyhow, There is evidence that Chonburi has existed ever since the Ayuttaya period. The province was originally composed of 3 small towns which were BangSai , Bangplasoi and Bangphra. They were subsequently formed in to the province of Chonburi during the reign of KING RAMA V.

Travel from Bangkok to Chonburi in the past was done by boat on the Chow Phraya River out to the Gulf of Thailand and then along the east coast.? However, nowadays Sukhumvit Road runs from Bangkok, passes Samut Prakan and Bang Pakong to chonburi.? Another route is from the Bangna intersection to Chonburi,? a distance of on 65? kilometres..

We stayed in Sriracha City where the people are more friendly and the food are even yummy and cheap...I took alot of pictures along the park by the bay and some nice places I had the chance in visiting to...

• Pros:Friendly people and you can read some of my tales...=)
  • In a nutshell:Sunsets behind the clouds...=)
  • Last visit to Chon Buri: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated May 7, 2004

• RobKSA's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2004 at 2:06 AM

Yen, That's the best sunset picture i've seen in my entire life, peks man.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    May 10, 2004 at 11:21 PM

Yen, just because you saw a camel I hope that does not mean you will not visit us ^O^, but a camel in the wild on a ridge with the sun setting behind... think about it ^O^

• Guitarist's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2004 at 9:54 AM

Another page of interesting photos and good information.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2003 at 4:39 AM

Fantastic page Yen!

• Sep 30, 2003 at 11:42 PM

hey girl, just revisiting your chon buri page. the last time i was here you hadn't yet put up that awesome sunset pic. that's truly amazing. one of the best i've seen on vt. =)

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 7:40 PM

Woww.. what a wonderful page.. I love that zoo.. and the tiger photos are priceless Yen... Like the motobike taxis too.. ;-)

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 7:09 PM

Wonderful page, Yen! The sunset photos are breathtakiing. . .and I love animals, so the zoo is a winner. . .but those scorpions? Ack! :-p

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2003 at 9:29 AM

Great page Yen! That intro photo of the sunset is fantastic! And so are the other sunset photos on your page! Wow, I wish I could see a sunset like that! And what an amazing zoo, fantastic! I loved the orchid photo as well!

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 3:33 AM

I never realized what that there is so much to see in Chonburi; we only visited the Tiger Zoo when we passed the town; great tips that we Globerovers hopefully can verify somewhere in the future!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 12:00 AM

Dear Yen :) Gorgeous sunset, nice lotus and I really like this: piggies race!! I love piggies. Regards to Al, okay? PS: thanks to visit my Siem Reap page. --@rie--

Badges & Stats in Chon Buri

Have you been to Chon Buri?

Latest Activity in Chon Buri