"Along the Bay..." Chon Buri by yen_2
Chon Buri Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 86 photos
Chonburi is in the East of Bangkok and merely 2 hours drive. It is s province situated near the bay and the famous Pattaya is one of the towns. You can find pretty parks along the bay in this area and of course a sunset that will take your breath away! The place has an area of 4,363 sq.kms.
Anyhow, There is evidence that Chonburi has existed ever since the Ayuttaya period. The province was originally composed of 3 small towns which were BangSai , Bangplasoi and Bangphra. They were subsequently formed in to the province of Chonburi during the reign of KING RAMA V.
Travel from Bangkok to Chonburi in the past was done by boat on the Chow Phraya River out to the Gulf of Thailand and then along the east coast.? However, nowadays Sukhumvit Road runs from Bangkok, passes Samut Prakan and Bang Pakong to chonburi.? Another route is from the Bangna intersection to Chonburi,? a distance of on 65? kilometres..
We stayed in Sriracha City where the people are more friendly and the food are even yummy and cheap...I took alot of pictures along the park by the bay and some nice places I had the chance in visiting to...
- Pros:Friendly people and you can read some of my tales...=)
- In a nutshell:Sunsets behind the clouds...=)
I've noticed that some provinces in Thailand is rather more friendly than the other people in Bangkok! They are more... more travel advice
Sriracha, Chonburi is about 1 1/2 hour from Bangkok by van or car! They have a great skyway that makes your travel more... more travel advice
- See All Bang-Saen Bay view
- Shorts and Sandals
- The only department Store
- See All You can go fishing!
- See All Clock Tower
yen_2's Related Pages
Chon Buri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Along the Bay..."
- "Few Days in Chonburi"
- "A City with No Redeeming Qualities"
- "My Home town"
- "Panat Nikhom Refugee Camp, Chon Buri, Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chon Buri
- Hotels in Chon Buri
- Transportation in Chon Buri
- Nightlife in Chon Buri
- Restaurants in Chon Buri
- Shopping in Chon Buri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chon Buri
- 53 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Chon Buri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chon Buri
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues