Bangkok Transportation Tips by yen_2 Top 5 Page for this destination
Bangkok Transportation: 1,136 reviews and 1,334 photos
I haven't been in a train to anywhere from Bangkok but there were several people asking about me this one so, I thought of putting a tip then...no worries, you don't need to rate..But of course, I know where this train station is!
Here's the link: http://www.traveller2000.com/train/
A detailed photo inside the BTS Skytrain..It's me and my Baby Al;-)
There are more than 3,000 buses tooling all over Bangkok, a figure that doesn't include all those private and mini-buses. Riding with a bus is the very cheapest ways around the area, the fares starts at around 4 baht but can also be very slow and can be very hot.
Long tail river taxi!
Bangkok was a city of barely 1 million when the last major canals was filled in. It was 1955, but even today it's easy to see why the city's few remaining waterways and the Chao Phraya River are always busy: less than 10% of the capital has been set aside for roads.
You can see waves of two-wheelers zip among the cars at the red light, an inexpensive trips. And a very quick shortcuts down a sub areas and this motorcyclists can easily speed towards their next destination or let say they can find another customer for another new fare.
Green Tuk-tuk Taxi in main highway!
So, the story is like this: A friend of my hubby talk to this driver and he gave us a very cheap ride for only 50 baht($1). Remember that in taking a tuk-tuk you should look for a yellow colored one not on the white or whatsoever since they will priced you over. Back to my story, after shopping in World Trade Center we decided to take a tuk-tuk to MBK so, we asked this driver if how much it would be for only a short ride he gave us a 100 baht which hubby told him it's only 20 baht but he just insisting that the place is very far and there I told him,Are you okey? Then we left and he started to gave us a lower price but it was late! So, you should try to bargain the prices here in Bangkok since if you will just okay and okay with them..it will not be a cheap travel you will have unless you can spend more!
Everything from flatulent golf carts to three wheeled tin cans, ubiquitos tuk-tuks still swerve around Bangkok's streets, though truth is much needed to cover short distances in a real hurry!
Zipping around the city seemed like an impossible dream only a year ago but with the completion of the sky train, it is oh so real! For between 10 and 40 baht, you get whisked around the city with the double bonus of being able to look down on the traffic jams, which characterize so much of travel in Bangkok. If you have to brave the traffic however, a trip on one of Bangkok's many buses is cheap, going for between 4 and 15 baht. For those of you who fancy driving yourself, think again. Buying a car here will set you back a pretty penny due to Thailand's non existent car industry and import taxes of around 200%. However, it is possible to get your own car and driver for just 150 Baht a day. How? You ask. Easy, throw out and arm and watch as within seconds one of Bangkok's omnipresent air con taxis squeals to a halt. The meters start at 35 and move up slowly with a 10 kilometer journey costing around 75 Baht.
Air-conditioned and clean, it carries most of the million passenger all day long. Heard that they will have to extend the SkyTrains so that it can reach to other concerns of Sparwling Thai.
More Reviews (102)
- See All Some drinks..
- See All Thai Authentic Foods
- See All Colors
- See All Palace
- See All Lumpini Park
- See All Elephant images..
yen_2's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 109 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 100 Forum posts
- 165 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (108)
- Grand Palace- 311 Reviews, 576 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 107 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market- 112 Reviews, 215 Photos
- Wat Pho- 225 Reviews, 468 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 160 Reviews, 304 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 28 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Jim Thompson House- 65 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Khlongs - Canals- 44 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 62 Reviews, 121 Photos
- Chao Phraya River- 81 Reviews, 153 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do