"My Ancient City Glimpse..." Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya by yen_2
Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 697 reviews and 2,203 photos
Ayuthaya was remained as capital of Thailand for over 417 years and has been registered as one of the "World Cultural Heritage".
We arrived around 10:30 am and you could imagine how hot,hot,hot it was....but of course it was a perfect day for photo opportunities and learning some ancient history of this place I call home for now...the heat did not make my mood critical, instead, I was eager to just take and take photos..I even sneak out during the group tour guide talking and talking with the history(actually he's very talkative! Thanks, James!)...The tour was really fabulous, great coach, nice dessert,hmmm...wonderful group members..and the best was after the tour-buffet lunch in one of the first class cruise! They even served us delicious Thai foods and a tea time at 3pm. And the last but not the least we ended up talking with the other group members..It was a great sunny escaped!
So, let's journey together in my Ancient City tour!
Wat Chai Watthanaram
Built in 1630 by King Phrasat Thong,which has a huge prangs sorrounded by smaller ones which symbolises the legendary Mount Meru,the abode of gods.
Queen Mary CL. Grand Pearl Cruise was really an amazing and accomodating tours all over Thailand! I had the great time we went in Ayuthaya since we took a cruise went back in Bangkok(read my tips)..If any questions, feel free to drop me a line..Please, travel questions...
This photo here is one of the many beautiful and pretty ruins...
- Pros:Dicovering the Ancient City.
- Cons:Be there as early as poosible..you might end up sweating like a pig;-)
- In a nutshell:Amazing..ancient city ruins!
Elephants are very precious in Thailand. And I saw this one in Summer Palace, though this page isn't in Bang Pa-in but... more travel advice
I really don't think this will fall but for safety stay away with this one though this is a brick but this sure is... more travel advice
yen_2's Related Pages
Ayuthaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Ancient City Glimpse..."
- "AYUTTHAYA -Fascinating Link with the Past"
- "The Ancient City of Ayutthaya"
- "Ayutthaya - Ancient City - A world heritage"
- "Old Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ayuthaya
- Hotels in Ayuthaya
- Transportation in Ayuthaya
- Nightlife in Ayuthaya
- Restaurants in Ayuthaya
- Shopping in Ayuthaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Ayuthaya
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya
- 48 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Ayuthaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayuthaya
Photos in AyuthayaSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (108)
Latest Ayuthaya hotel reviews
- Baan Lotus Guest House
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- The Old Palace Resort
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Krungsri River Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- P.U. Inn Ubonpon
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Ayutthaya Place Youth Hostel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 16, 2013
- Tony's Place
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- U-Thong Inn
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2012
- Ayothaya Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013