"My Ancient City Glimpse..." Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya by yen_2

Ayuthaya Travel Guide: 704 reviews and 2,218 photos

..of these Amazing Thailand...

Ayuthaya was remained as capital of Thailand for over 417 years and has been registered as one of the "World Cultural Heritage".

We arrived around 10:30 am and you could imagine how hot,hot,hot it was....but of course it was a perfect day for photo opportunities and learning some ancient history of this place I call home for now...the heat did not make my mood critical, instead, I was eager to just take and take photos..I even sneak out during the group tour guide talking and talking with the history(actually he's very talkative! Thanks, James!)...The tour was really fabulous, great coach, nice dessert,hmmm...wonderful group members..and the best was after the tour-buffet lunch in one of the first class cruise! They even served us delicious Thai foods and a tea time at 3pm. And the last but not the least we ended up talking with the other group members..It was a great sunny escaped!

So, let's journey together in my Ancient City tour!

Wat Chai Watthanaram

Built in 1630 by King Phrasat Thong,which has a huge prangs sorrounded by smaller ones which symbolises the legendary Mount Meru,the abode of gods.

Recommendation:
Queen Mary CL. Grand Pearl Cruise was really an amazing and accomodating tours all over Thailand! I had the great time we went in Ayuthaya since we took a cruise went back in Bangkok(read my tips)..If any questions, feel free to drop me a line..Please, travel questions...

This photo here is one of the many beautiful and pretty ruins...

• Pros:Dicovering the Ancient City.
  • Cons:Be there as early as poosible..you might end up sweating like a pig;-)
  • In a nutshell:Amazing..ancient city ruins!
  • Last visit to Ayuthaya: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2004

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Very informative and beautiful page. Thai economy has chaged after the Korean war. Thai people are as honest as their counterpart in other parts of the world. The guide does not know everything. The cruise is awesome! Great page.

• Curt1591's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 8:23 PM

I believe the "cotton candy" in your Ayutthaya section is classic roti. You take the "cotton candy" and wrap it in the thin pancake supplied with it. Quite a tasty snack! All around Ayutthaya you'll see hundreds of these stands.

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 9:01 PM

Will be in BKK late this moth, just got the idea of stopping by Ayuthaya. Nice work u got here. I've a couple of questions though, will email them to you. Later.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 12:52 AM

Fantastic page Yen and beautiful photos! I can just imagine how hot is must be to walk around here. But oooh, it is such an amazing place to visit!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 8:33 AM

yen :) thanks for condolence and put your comment there. highly appreciate it!

• Jan 12, 2004 at 8:51 AM

Thailand sounds so good now!!! LOL. Thanks! U mean i have to make a choice btw Ayuthya and Boat ride??? :(( Do u know if this months a good month to go?

• Dec 9, 2003 at 2:15 AM

Wow!! Great!

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2003 at 2:20 PM

Wonderful page, I've visited Thailand so many times, and I never visited Ayutaya, what a pity. Maybe next time I arrive in Bangkok I must visit Ayutaya first.

• Janni67's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2003 at 1:46 AM

A thorough presentation indeed! This old capital made an impression on me, I'd love to visit it one day :)

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2003 at 7:58 AM

Excellent photo's.

Badges & Stats in Ayuthaya

Have you been to Ayuthaya?

Latest Activity in Ayuthaya