"A piece of paradise..." Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet by yen_2
Ko Samet Travel Guide: 267 reviews and 639 photos
Koh Samet*, located in the Phe District of Rayong, is known as an Island Paradise of Thailand*. The fascinating asset of Koh Samet lies in the fact that the island offers a tranquil atmosphere combining with the white sandy beaches and crystalline clear sea-water. It's a paradise just the backyard of Bangkok!
It's somewhere of the east coast of Thailand merely 4 to 5 hours(175 kilometers) by bus from Bangkok. If you were lucky and the bus driver do his driving fastly it will only take you about 4 hrs. to the Phe District of Rayong. In order to catch the boat or ferry to cross to Koh Samet. The boat rides takes about 30 minutes. And from the Koh Samet pier there are several pick-up tracks of 50baht/person to the resort you're going to!
Well, we have a wonderful time! The weekend was worth it as it really is a PARADISE! Try it!
All photos posted here in my Ko Samet pages are taken by me (of course,except the one when I'm in it). Please do not use them without my consent. Thank you.
I never thought we can make it in here again as aside from hubby is very very busy with his work, the island too is secluded. But we made it last weekend. I guess, February isn't the best time in going there as it always rained. Well, we do had fun and we're very lucky to be living just right in this country..;-) Looking forward to next month visit!
I'll update this page as soon as I can. New pictures will be posted very soon..;-)Thanks!
Somebody stole our camera inside our villa! That was the very annoying thing those Thai's ever did to us. But thankful did not took all my things. Maybe, they just want that camera!
- Pros:white sandy beaches and crystalline clear sea-water
- Cons:really has bad roads ,the land is a bit too dry and there are really thiefs around..
- In a nutshell:Island Paradise...
If it will not rain, the outside resto by the beach is very pretty filled with big trees to have a shelter on but be... more travel advice
From the map, you'll notice that the beach is in the southern part of the Island,Ao Wai. Anyhow, the resort serves... more travel advice
- See All Deep sea fishing...
- Dry lands..
- A man fishing...
- Moonlit walk..
yen_2's Related Pages
Ko Samet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A piece of paradise..."
- "11 Days of Heaven!"
- "Ko Samet-Idylic Isle South of Bangkok"
- "Beautiful island with a great resort on it."
- "Koh Samet"
- "Beautiful island near Bangkok"
- "a tropical island in Bangkok's backayard"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Samet
- Hotels in Ko Samet
- Transportation in Ko Samet
- Nightlife in Ko Samet
- Restaurants in Ko Samet
- Shopping in Ko Samet
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Samet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Samet
- 48 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Ko Samet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Samet
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 109 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 59 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chon Buri Intro, 53 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayuthaya Intro, 48 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samet Intro, 48 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 52 reviews, 51 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 38 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iligan City Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 42 reviews, 53 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 37 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues