"Stranded on the Pennsylvania Turnpike" Kulpsville by diver-x
Kulpsville Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 0 photos
As we were transporting Cliff's car from Boston back to the DC area, the car hesitated & lost power for a second on the Pennsylvania Turnpike (aka I-476), about a half-hour outside of Philadelphia. Cliff became anxious immediately. I, having until recently owned a 14 year-old Corolla, thought nothing of it and assumed he was over-reacting. "It's just a bug in the gas line. A drop of water in the distributor. It's nothing - it'll go away." Unfortunately, I was wrong and within 10 minutes we were coasting to a stop in the breakdown lane - the car unwilling to take us further. Luckily there was a Call Box nearby so we signalled for a tow-truck. We each got on our cell phones and begged our families to get online to search for any auto-parts stores near Lansdale (that was our next exit) that might still be open. It was 5:00 PM on a Sunday. There was a Napa and a Pep Boys but both were closed or closing soon and too far to walk. About 40 minutes later, our tow truck showed up and he suggested that we get dropped off at a hotel at the next exit. He didn't know of anywhere nearby where we could either buy parts or get the car fixed at that hour. So we got a room for the night, ate dinner and got to an auto parts store the next morning and we were back on the road again by 9:45 AM on Monday. I missed a day at work - oh well... So anyway, here's our 16-hour survival guide to Kulpsville.
- Pros:Several auto parts stores, well stocked convenience store.
- Cons:Not much to do.
- In a nutshell:It coulda been worse!
This convenience store was our catch-all supply store. Need toothpaste? Mouth wash? Tape? A snack? Something to drink?... more travel advice
diver-x's Related Pages
Kulpsville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kulpsville
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Kulpsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kulpsville
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liguria Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues