"Stranded on the Pennsylvania Turnpike" Kulpsville by diver-x

Kulpsville Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 0 photos

A Night in Kulpsville, PA

As we were transporting Cliff's car from Boston back to the DC area, the car hesitated & lost power for a second on the Pennsylvania Turnpike (aka I-476), about a half-hour outside of Philadelphia. Cliff became anxious immediately. I, having until recently owned a 14 year-old Corolla, thought nothing of it and assumed he was over-reacting. "It's just a bug in the gas line. A drop of water in the distributor. It's nothing - it'll go away." Unfortunately, I was wrong and within 10 minutes we were coasting to a stop in the breakdown lane - the car unwilling to take us further. Luckily there was a Call Box nearby so we signalled for a tow-truck. We each got on our cell phones and begged our families to get online to search for any auto-parts stores near Lansdale (that was our next exit) that might still be open. It was 5:00 PM on a Sunday. There was a Napa and a Pep Boys but both were closed or closing soon and too far to walk. About 40 minutes later, our tow truck showed up and he suggested that we get dropped off at a hotel at the next exit. He didn't know of anywhere nearby where we could either buy parts or get the car fixed at that hour. So we got a room for the night, ate dinner and got to an auto parts store the next morning and we were back on the road again by 9:45 AM on Monday. I missed a day at work - oh well... So anyway, here's our 16-hour survival guide to Kulpsville.

• Pros:Several auto parts stores, well stocked convenience store.
  • Cons:Not much to do.
  • In a nutshell:It coulda been worse!
  • Last visit to Kulpsville: Mar 2003
  • Intro Written Mar 30, 2003

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2005 at 10:39 PM

Hi, Kulpsville is famous for hosting the Annual Convention of The North American Shortwave Assoc.held 11-12 March at Best Western-The Inn at Towamencin (Kulpsville to the rest of us). I was there in spirit, for this years 18th annual meeting.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 11:25 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your breakdown. I guess that sort of things happens to everyone at some time. Helpful info if I ever find myself here...hey, you never know!

diver-x

“Always know where your towel is.”

Badges & Stats in Kulpsville

Have you been to Kulpsville?