"diver-x's Somerville Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Somerville by diver-x
Somerville Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 71 photos
Somerville, City of The Squares. If 2 streets intersect in Somerville, they call it a square, or "squaya" in the local dialect. Some squares are better than others. There's Porter Square, Davis Square, Inman Square, Teele Square, Union Square, Powderhouse Square and Ball Square to name but a few. The more restaurants, bars & public transit around the square, the better it is - and the higher the rent.
Currently, Porter Square's star seems to be falling, while Davis Square's is rising. In Davis, you can start off with a couple of pints at a pub, head to your choice of restaurants serving just about anything imaginable, top off dinner with cappucinos, see a movie or polish off a few strings of bowling and then go see some great live music - all within the same 2 or 3 block radius.
But don't just take my word for it. Here are some links to Somerville cultcha:
<a href="http://web.simmons.edu/~kofler/somerville_orama2/index.html">Somerville-O-Rama</a> - VT member <a href="http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/.71336/13048/
?s=U">GirlyGirl's</a> excellent lowdown on "Slummerville" Please visit her site and rate her Somerville page if you enjoy this!
<a href="http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/">Somerville Arts Council</a>
Somerville is just a hop on the Red Line from Boston. Porter and Davis are blessed with subway service. The rest of town has to make-do with buses.
Redbones always has great beer on tap and also makes a mean margarita. There is always a wait for a table, but the bar... more travel advice
diver-x's Related Pages
Somerville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Diverse Student Community"
- "Somerville, urban "surburb" of Boston"
- "Cabana Boy's Somerville Page"
- "The Town I Currently Call Home"
- "diver-x's Somerville Page"
- "I love Somerville!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Somerville
- Hotels in Somerville
- Transportation in Somerville
- Nightlife in Somerville
- Restaurants in Somerville
- Shopping in Somerville
- Warnings and Dangers in Somerville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Somerville
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Somerville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Somerville
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liguria Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues