"diver-x's Somerville Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Somerville by diver-x

Somerville Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 71 photos

Somerville, City of The Squares. If 2 streets intersect in Somerville, they call it a square, or "squaya" in the local dialect. Some squares are better than others. There's Porter Square, Davis Square, Inman Square, Teele Square, Union Square, Powderhouse Square and Ball Square to name but a few. The more restaurants, bars & public transit around the square, the better it is - and the higher the rent.

Currently, Porter Square's star seems to be falling, while Davis Square's is rising. In Davis, you can start off with a couple of pints at a pub, head to your choice of restaurants serving just about anything imaginable, top off dinner with cappucinos, see a movie or polish off a few strings of bowling and then go see some great live music - all within the same 2 or 3 block radius.

But don't just take my word for it. Here are some links to Somerville cultcha:

<a href="http://web.simmons.edu/~kofler/somerville_orama2/index.html">Somerville-O-Rama</a> - VT member <a href="http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/.71336/13048/
?s=U">GirlyGirl's</a> excellent lowdown on "Slummerville" Please visit her site and rate her Somerville page if you enjoy this!

<a href="http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/">Somerville Arts Council</a>

<a href="http://www.somervillenet.com/">Somervillenet</a>

<a href="http://redbonesbbq.com/">RedBones</a>

Somerville is just a hop on the Red Line from Boston. Porter and Davis are blessed with subway service. The rest of town has to make-do with buses.

• Intro Written Sep 9, 2002

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2008 at 11:20 PM

I spent a night in Somerville a few weeks ago. It was an experience I will not forget any time soon. I stayed with a clown friend in an old warehouse...LOL

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Definitely try Tu Y Yo...you won't regret it! Thanks for visiting our Somerville page.

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2005 at 7:39 PM

Now I can say I've been to the Burren in County Clare Ireland and the Burren in Somerville all within a week. I miss Redbones too. I miss Boston !!! Waaaaa

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 8:09 PM

Redbones has a very good rep with one of the guys who works for me!

• Jun 29, 2004 at 11:32 PM

Somerville has changed tremendously since I last saw the motherland in '95.

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2003 at 9:33 AM

I am jonesing for some Redbones...

• billus's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2003 at 5:27 PM

I don't care what the car talk guys say Somerville is the Florence of the north

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2002 at 6:58 PM

I have friends who live here... I visited a few weeks ago

• May 9, 2002 at 7:54 PM

Nice page again!!!

diver-x

“Always know where your towel is.”

Badges & Stats in Somerville

Have you been to Somerville?

Latest Activity in Somerville