"diver-x's New Hampshire Page" Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire by diver-x
New Hampshire Travel Guide: 1,540 reviews and 4,546 photos
I grew up in New Hampshire and lived there up until 14 years ago when I decided to become a city-girl. My family still lives there, so I visit all the time.
New Hampshire is a haven for hikers, campers, skiiers and boaters. A lot of folks here in Massachusetts keep a cabin or a camp up in NH and retreat there for the weekend. Generally, the further north you travel in NH, the further from civilization you are.
Where you want to stay in NH depends on what activities you like. Boaters and fresh-water fishermen enjoy the Lakes region (Lake Winnipesauki, pictured), which is in the middle of the State. Campers and skiers enjoy the Mountain region, just to the north of the Lakes region. Ocean-goers flock to the 10-mile long NH Seacoast in the south-east, Hunters and people who really just want to get away from it all go to the very north of NH, Coos county.
My neck of the woods, the south-west is known for its rolling hills, orchards, idyllic New England villages, antique shops and flea markets. The south-west is also home to Mount Monadnock, estimated to be the most-climbed mountain in the world, aside from Mt. Fuji in Japan.
The state symbol for New Hampshire, the Old Man of the Mountain, also known as Great Stone Face, is now just a memory. The Old Man was lost when the naturally formed granite ledges that made up his face fell into the valley below on May 3, 2003.
I find it very sad that the generations to come will never see the Old Man's face. I remember marveling at the sight of the Old Man when I was a kid, and the sight never ceased to amaze me, even as an adult.
- Pros:Great place for outdoor activities
- Cons:Black flies, mosquitoes from Spring through Summer
- In a nutshell:A nice place to grow up.
The Mile Away restaurant specializes in Swiss/German cuisine, but also offers typical American dishes. I like the... more travel advice
Strawberry Banke is one of those "Village" museums where a bunch of antique buildings were moved and gathered together,... more travel advice
- See All Fall Color
- Regional Music at The Yard
- See All Convenient Beach Motel
- It's Spring, Dammit!
diver-x's Related Pages
New Hampshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- "My Favorite State in the Eastern United States"
- "New England's Alter Ego"
- "Getting the whole point of New Hampshire"
- "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- "Spectacular New Hampshire"
- "This is my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hampshire
- Hotels in New Hampshire
- Transportation in New Hampshire
- Nightlife in New Hampshire
- Restaurants in New Hampshire
- Shopping in New Hampshire
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hampshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Hampshire
- 22 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to New Hampshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hampshire
- Posted in Travel Massachusetts Forum "Re: Which of these atm cards is..."
- Wrote a Review Fall Color in New Hampshire Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Hannah Jack Tavern in..."
- updated a New Hampshire Travel Page "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- Commented on one of ElaineCatherine's New Hampshire travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liguria Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues