"diver-x's Hawaii Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) by diver-x
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide: 11,145 reviews and 29,865 photos
In July 2001, we spent a few nights in Honalulu and then 8 nights on the Big Island in the Kona district. Can't wait to go back! We tried a dive on Oahu in Hanauma Bay, but the surf was very strong and tough to kick past the breakers. Eventually made it, but not worth the effort. On land, we hiked a small waterfall near the arboretum. It was anticlimactic. The Polynesian Cultural Center had a nice luau (but no alcohol!) and a very nice show after dinner. On the Big Island, diving took most of our time, but we made it to the volcano and Waipio Valley (above), which was gorgeous! The highlight of the trip was hiking to the lava flow along the ocean's edge for sunset lava viewing and when we got to the flow - surprise! - my boyfriend of 9 years proposed! :>) I said yes.
Looking for a place to stay? Go to http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/accomg.htm for links to listings for various types of accomodation on each island.
Please see my travelogues for more pictures from beautiful Hawaii!
In June-July 2005, my husband and I, along with my sister, her husband and my nephew made a long-planned trip together to Hawaii and visited 4 islands: Oahu, Big Island, Maui and Kauai. Being with my non-diving sister and her family, we spent a lot more time doing more typical activities in Hawaii than on our last trip, though we did manage to get a few dives in. We had a wonderful time, of course. How can you not have a wonderful time in Hawaii? Lots of great memories and I'm so very greatful. It turned out this was the last time I would see my brother in law, Perry. Perry died suddenly in the Fall of 2005.
- Pros:Mountains, valleys, volcano, SCUBA!!!
- In a nutshell:Go! Go! Go!
The only island with active volcanoes is the Big Island of Hawaii. There are plenty of hiking opportunities there,... more travel advice
The Kalalau Trail traces the beautiful Na Pali coast, on the north side of Kauai. The trail goes for 11 miles, through 5... more travel advice
- Scuba Paradise
- Oahu: Shopping in Waikiki
- See All Oahu: Luau Comparison
- Casual Dining In Kailua Kona, BI
diver-x's Related Pages
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hang Loose in Hawaii"
- "Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual"
- "A Month In Paradise"
- "Hawaii this beautiful place we fell in love with."
- "diver-x's Hawaii Page"
- "BlueCollar's Hawai‘i"
- "" ISLAND of OAHU ""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawaii (State of)
- Hotels in Hawaii (State of)
- Transportation in Hawaii (State of)
- Nightlife in Hawaii (State of)
- Restaurants in Hawaii (State of)
- Shopping in Hawaii (State of)
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawaii (State of)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)
- 38 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 71 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawaii (State of)
- Posted in Travel Massachusetts Forum "Re: Which of these atm cards is..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Big Island Hiking"
- Wrote a Review Big Island Hiking in Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Hawaii (State of) Travel Page "diver-x's Hawaii Page"
- Commented on one of Waalewiener's Hawaii (State of) travel pages
Photos in Hawaii (State of)See All Photos (105)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liguria Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues