"diver-x's Madrid Page" Madrid by diver-x

Madrid Travel Guide: 5,383 reviews and 10,968 photos

November 1999

Madrid was our first and last night of our tour of Spain. I'd like to go back to spend some more quality time here!

May 2003

We spent a weekend in Madrid in May! We arrived Saturday AM and went back home on Sunday. Grueling, but fun! It was so nice to see Spain in the springtime! We don't get to see Europe very often in nice weather. Madrid isn't as cheap as it used to be before the Euro. It's still a pretty good deal, though. We strolled around Parque del Retiro, went to the bullfight at Plaza de Toros and wandered around Plaza de Mayor for dinner. The next morning, the pope was in town, and we got to hear him speak on our way out of town.

• Pros:Museums, palaces, fountains, city never sleeps
  • Cons:No bad things here!
  • Last visit to Madrid: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2003

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 5:58 PM

I've always thought the bull fights were cruel and insane. Perhaps, the "brave men" who perform in the fights should place human volunteers who share their thrill of the "sport" and blood in the ring. Poor bulls have no choice.

• Jun 30, 2007 at 2:51 AM

nice tips on madrid. greetings from Holland

• Savana66's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 10:10 AM

I too cannot understand how after reaching the 21st century there are still some traditions like this in what we like to call modern evolved europe

• Sep 29, 2006 at 11:11 PM

It's pure evil to find entertainmt in the pain of animals.Who wants 2b treated like kings when d only intention is 4 em 2b b 'slaughtered' at the peak of their lives?Is death honorable when it merely serve 2 prov entertainment 2 some blood lustg audience?

• sunlovey's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Just read your tip on seeing a bull fight in Madrid, and I have to say, I'm feeling stupid... I had no idea that many bulls are actually killed in one event. One bull would have been one too many. To each their own I guess, but I find it very sad too.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 8:49 AM

I'm with you--it hurts much more to see an animal get hurt than the person who is trying to kill it. I just don't understand the mentality of hurting animals--I'd have to cheer every time the bull impaled a bull fighter!

• RickyC's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2006 at 5:19 PM

Bullfighting... many people don't like it, but trust me, these bulls live like kings all their lives and are always kept clean and healthy. It's better and less cruel than slaughter houses in the USA

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 4:05 PM

great page; I think i could never ever watch a bullfight

• Jmill42's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2002 at 3:24 PM

Great page, look forward to my trip here!

• Porteplume's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2002 at 1:30 PM

Love that photography... Great start !

diver-x

“Always know where your towel is.”

Badges & Stats in Madrid