"Another Giraffe?!?!" Kruger National Park by diver-x

Kruger National Park Travel Guide: 667 reviews and 1,775 photos

We weren't in Kruger Park 30 seconds when a bunch of giraffes stepped in front of the car forcing us to stop and our jaws to drop. We whipped out the cameras and started snapping. Two days later, we were saying, "Aw, just another giraffe...".

Kruger Park is chock-full of animals, big and small. We saw lions, elephants, buffalo, rhino, hippos, wildebeests, zebras, wart-hogs, hyena, jackals, crocodiles, impala, kudu, waterbuck, tortoise and of course, giraffes. Not to mention all of the beautiful birds!

Kruger Park is roughly the size of the state of Massachusetts. It could take weeks to see just a small part of it. We were there 3 days and barely scratched the surface.

• Last visit to Kruger National Park: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 26, 2006

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM

What a lovely page on KNP. We stayed at Ngweyna Park(Border of KNP) lin 2006 - I will yet make a page! Your photos & tips are very good. Thanksfor comment on my HP.

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Thanks Sharon for my revisit to Kruger. Your pictures and tips are very good. I'd like to see anyone "back away calmly" from a hippo!

• Jan 28, 2007 at 1:45 AM

wow superb pics! lucky you were able to go to KNP! i'm allergic:^( but SA is breathtaking regardless...happy travels and salam from London, a:^)

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 5:32 PM

You ARE brave (mad??? lol) we never get out of the car... just open the window! :)

• UKbound04's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2006 at 3:14 PM

thanks for providing me with my 'lion-fix'

• KittyLou's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 12:24 PM

thanks for sharing your adventure -- nice photos wish you the best on leaving Boston for something more tropical

• nichole_521's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 11:19 AM

Great pictures and tips. I am planning a trip to KNP in August! Your pages make me so excited. : ) I also love Boston!

• diageva's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 4:58 AM

great experiences :)))))) ... nice pic and useful tips... thanks :)

• luv2tango's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 7:14 PM

Beautiful photos and great tips. What a wonderful experience this must have been! Greetings from Canada, Anita

• Sep 14, 2004 at 2:33 AM

...I have to go there! :-) Kruger Park is going up in my wish list... Thank you for this incredible page and astounding photos.

diver-x

“Always know where your towel is.”

Badges & Stats in Kruger National Park

Have you been to Kruger National Park?

Latest Activity in Kruger National Park