"Sabie, Mpumalanga Province" Top 5 Page for this destination Sabie by diver-x
Sabie Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 56 photos
The town of Sabie is in a region known as The Escarpment, part of the Drakensberg mountain range. It was where we spent our first night in South Africa. It's about a 4 hour drive east of Johannesburg, and is a convenient stop if you're on your way to Kruger National Park. Sabie itself is a small town with few attractions of its own, but there are a number of hotels, campgrounds and a few resorts due to its convenient location. Nearby are dozens of waterfalls, and the panoramic, scenic vistas of Blyde River Canyon.
- Pros:Quiet small town, close to great views, and Kruger; nice hotels!
- Cons:nothing bad here
- In a nutshell:Great place to stop on the way to Kruger! Worth at least a couple of days.
The thing that struck me most about South Africa was the wild flowers. Everywhere we went, there were the most gorgeous... more travel advice
The Three Rondavels are a rock formation at the northern end of Blyde River Canyon named for the way the rocks resemble... more travel advice
diver-x's Related Pages
Sabie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nestled in the Drakensberg Mountains"
- "Sabie, Mpumalanga Province"
- "A Gem in the Lowveld"
- "Sabie - Wonderful town close to great waterfalls!"
- "Enjoyment of Waterfalls"
- "Sabie - [Mpumalanga]"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sabie
- Hotels in Sabie
- Transportation in Sabie
- Restaurants in Sabie
- Shopping in Sabie
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sabie
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Sabie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sabie
Photos in SabieSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 68 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liguria Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 7 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kruger National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bar Harbor Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues