"Red Deer....yes it is a place" Top 5 Page for this destination Red Deer by jenniferhen

Red Deer Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 99 photos

Red Deer, home of the Red Deer river, famous for its many wonderful bike paths and parks, and yes it is my home....but not always. I grew up on a farm about 40 minutes away form this city of 70,000+ people. Red Deer is really booming, so much that the construction can hardly keep up...this city has alot of activities but pales in comparison to attractions of cities like Montreal and even Calgary...making Red Deer not a real touristy place. But some people like authenticity....right? Some people want to see places that are untouched...or maybe that was a untouched beach??? Red Deer or beach....hmmmmmm it is a toss up!!:)

• Intro Written Jun 27, 2002

• luvthesun's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 12:14 PM

Redeer is BEAUTIFUL city!

• YVRDave's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2004 at 4:13 PM

I have to question the shoes off thing. Canada is pretty big. The prairies have winter snow and mud and dust. Vancouver is so unlike that, keeping your shoes on is what we do here.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2004 at 1:18 AM

Nice Northernly town there, Jennifer,,, and none of dem high pressure camel salesman looking for some BAKEEESH.... ;o))

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2004 at 2:51 PM

great page, I need to do more epxloring up North!

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 11:59 AM

Great pages, fellow Canadian. Red Deer is an hour from my city and I have not yet visited this place. I liked the story-thanks for sharing

• May 13, 2003 at 3:04 PM

Nice story, but where's the pic, can we see it? by the way next year we'll have our return match ;)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2003 at 4:59 PM

Happy Birthday and a very Happy New Year

• MProcher's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2002 at 11:52 PM

funny story!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2002 at 9:38 PM

A lot to be proud of. We are having highland games now

• Ronald_T's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2002 at 4:24 PM

Not much pics, but it sounds like a nice place Jennifer...

jenniferhen

“Life is way too sweet to be bitter!”

Badges & Stats in Red Deer

Have you been to Red Deer?

Latest Activity in Red Deer