"Off the beaten bath island on the north coast." Pedassaar by TheaIren
Pedassaar Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 12 photos
Without a fixed settlement Pedassaar (91ha) is the highest and most forested island at the Kolga Bay. The island is unique because it has very steep sands (probably the only place in the Baltic Sea), witch enables yachts with big draughts to beach directly on the sand. Because of the strong north-western stream in the south-western bay, the water is 2 metres deep 2 kilometres from the wateredge and also there are no stones under the water. There is a fireplace and a logpavilion for bad weather situated on the beach by RMK. Bathing can be enjoyed on all the beaches of the island. In the beginning of the 19th century there lived a forest warden with his family. Because of the good portplace, there once was a border quard station. At the moment there is a saunacabin witch can be rented from the Salmistu port. Should there be other quests on the island during daytaime, then at night one can enjoy total privacy.
Whole island is worthwile to visit. Island is coverd with pineforest and the name Pedassaare itself comes from the name... more travel advice
If you have spare time to spend in Estonia take this nice trip provided by Reimann Retked to Pedassaare more travel advice
TheaIren's Related Pages
Pedassaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the beaten bath island on the north coast."
- "Best hide-away island!"
- "Pedassaar - nice pinewood-covered small Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pedassaar
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Pedassaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pedassaar
Top 10 Pages
- Estonia Intro, 25 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mallow Intro, 15 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Caher Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manilaid Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cavtat Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos
- Nantes Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Vormsi Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Haanja Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Killaloe Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue