"Cavtat, the ancient Epidauros/ Epidaurum" Cavtat by TheaIren
Cavtat Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 418 photos
I stayd in Cavtat for three nights and can not describe the atmosphere.
You have to stay there yourself. One is for sure you can smell history in that place as it goes back to 7th century.
At first the city was called Epidauros, when it was Greek settlement and then of course Romans took over and called it Epidaurum. After that it is known that Epidaurum falled under Croats raid in 656.
So, these Roman Epidaurum refugees settled along the coast about 25 km from ruins of Epidaurum and their tragedy gave birth to city called Ragusa - now Dubrovnik.
I just loved walking in these old streets. Lots of greenery and lovely small houses with hidden courtyards.
- Run sircule to peninsula
- Forests fire
- Most of the sops are at the promenade
- Cemetry with mausoleum
TheaIren's Related Pages
Cavtat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cavtat was here first!"
- "Cavtat, the south of the south in Croatia !"
- "Very nice Dalmation city Cavtat"
- "Sunsets and Sailing Ships"
- "Beauty and Peace at Cavtat Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cavtat
- Hotels in Cavtat
- Transportation in Cavtat
- Nightlife in Cavtat
- Restaurants in Cavtat
- Shopping in Cavtat
- Warnings and Dangers in Cavtat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cavtat
- 28 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cavtat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cavtat
Top 10 Pages
- Estonia Intro, 25 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mallow Intro, 15 reviews, 76 photos, 4 travelogues
- Caher Intro, 19 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manilaid Intro, 23 reviews, 55 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 33 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cavtat Intro, 28 reviews, 39 photos
- Nantes Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Vormsi Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Haanja Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Killaloe Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue