Windsor Off The Beaten Path Tips by kris-t Top 5 Page for this destination
Windsor Off The Beaten Path: 27 reviews and 65 photos
This 200 years old Lighthouse located at the mouth of the Thames River at Lake St. Clair.
'The Lower Thames Valley Conservation Authority obtained the lighthouse in 1973 and has since moved the structure and rebuilt it stone by stone.'
Directions: Lighthouse Conservation Area is located at 19028 Harbour Drive in Lighthouse Cove, Town of Lakeshore. From Chatham, follow Riverview Drive to Tecumseh Drive, north into Lighthouse Cove (Coordinates: Lat/Long 42.317, -82.455 UTM 380120, 4685590).
The first post, known as Fort Amherstburg, was constructed in 1796 near the mouth of the Detroit River where it empties into Lake Erie. This post was the headquarters for the British forces in southwestern Upper Canada during the War of 1812. Fort Malden was erected after the war and rebuilt in 1838-40 and served once again as a centre for the British defence during the Upper Canada Rebellion of 1837-39.
Today the 4.5 hectare site includes remains of the 1840-period earthworks and four buildings, including a restored and furnished 1819 brick barracks. An orientation centre and interpretation centre with exhibits will help you to discover the fascinating history of this outpost of the British Empire
about 25 km from Windsor (South)
near Detroit river
Other Contact: 980 Louis Avenue
Pretty expensive, but some works are not bad.
20 Wedding pictures cost as minimun 1500 CAD !
portret - small 60 CAD + 15% taxes, medium - 135 CAD +15% taxes...
BUT we can't recomend this place - servis is not just extrimly expensive but the same extrimly slow !!! - 3 mont. and more... but money - before... hm... clients are for them - not they're for clients...
5432 Tecumseh Rd E.
Windsor, Ontario N8T 1C7
Phone: 944 11 41
More Reviews (51)
- See All Bar
- See All Windsor Dragon Boat Rice
- See All Summerfest
- See All Roads
kris-t's Related Pages
Windsor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WINDSOR - MY HOME TOWN"
- "There's no Place Like Home"
- "Windsor and Essex County, Ontario"
- "Hiram Walker.'s Canadian Club Distillery."
- "Windsor Wonderland"
- "As south as you'll get in Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Windsor
- Hotels in Windsor
- Transportation in Windsor
- Nightlife in Windsor
- Restaurants in Windsor
- Shopping in Windsor
- Warnings and Dangers in Windsor
- See All...
Explore the World
- Isla Tesoro Hotels
- Belém Hotels
- Negeri Johor
- Limburg an der Lahn
- Eskdale Hotels
- Dominica Hotels
- Majorca Island Off The Beaten Path
- Eureka Off The Beaten Path
- Province of Saskatchewan Off The Beaten Path
- San Sebastián Off The Beaten Path
- Dominican Republic Off The Beaten Path
- San Juan Off The Beaten Path
- Lido di Venezia
- Jackson Off The Beaten Path
- Daytrip outside Amsterdam: Zaanse Schans
- San Luca church
- Northern Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- La Rochelle Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Windsor
- 55 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Windsor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Windsor
Videos in WindsorSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 233 reviews, 602 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 221 reviews, 489 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 108 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 82 reviews, 384 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 64 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 66 reviews, 248 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 74 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Windsor hotel reviews
- Travelodge Windsor
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Quality Suites Downtown
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Travelodge Hotel Windsor Downtown
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hilton Windsor
- 215 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Radisson Riverfront Hotel
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Holiday Inn Select Windsor
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- ABC Motel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2009
- Comfort Inn Windsor
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- St. Clair College Residence & Conference Centre
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 1, 2012
- Caesars Windsor
- 471 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Comfort Suites Downtown
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor, ON
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- DEFUNCT CLOSED SINCE 9.30.10 Branteaney's Bed & Breakfast
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Super 8 Windsor
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Odette Sculpture Park- 9 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Detroit River boat cruises- 4 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Riverfront Parks- 6 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Canadian Club Brand Center- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Ambassador Bridge- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Detroit Skyline- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Casino Windsor- 7 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Point Pelee National Park- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Charlie Brooks Memorial Peace Fountain- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Willistead Manor- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
See All Windsor Things to Do