"Windsor" Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor by kris-t

Windsor Travel Guide: 321 reviews and 984 photos

Windsor the southernmost city in Canada, lies at the western end of the heavily-populated Quebec City-Windsor Corridor. It lies across the Detroit River and Lake St Clair from Detroit, Michigan, to which Windsor is linked by bridge and tunnels. Windsor's motto is "The river and the land sustain us."
Windsor, Ontario is located south of Detroit, and is the only major city in Canada where entering the United States involves travelling north.

Windsor was first settled in 1749 after farms started getting too far from the protection of a fort in Detroit making it the oldest continually inhabited European city in Canada, west of the Quebec border.

• Last visit to Windsor: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the introduction to Windsor. I’ve been through Windsor, on the way to Toronto, but never had a proper look around.

• kris-t's Profile Photo
      Jan 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hi Don, thanks for your visit to our Windsor page.

• Mashuta's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Totally agree! Great sushi! Have to add that Nico Sushi is a stand at the Devonshire Mall (close to the food court)

• jennwerner's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Thanks for building a nice Windsor Page with helpful tips. I will be visiting the city in 3 weeks and hope to have a decent page when we return. Jenn

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 7:29 AM

Wow , you have some great info here on Windsor, that even I didn't know!! excellent photos too.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 8:11 PM

Great page. I see you too have been biten by the shopping bug. All I have to say is where are the shoes?

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 12:29 AM

Windsor....look wonderful!. I see that you love shopping.. hahaha. Thanks for the comment on my page. I included Tiger temple(BKK)... scary but it was worth it to pat the tiger!!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2004 at 5:47 PM

Hi Kristina ,I wish I would have known you came to Windsor and Ontario this summer, I would have asked you to meet with us Lori & Hans and amother young lady ,Kathy (all VT members) .You made a lovely page of Windsor Kristina ,maybe next we can meet.

kris-t Visits Here Frequently!

kris-t

“Omnia mea mecum porto - I carry with me everything that I really own”

Badges & Stats in Windsor

Have you been to Windsor?

Latest Activity in Windsor