Prague Transportation Tips by kris-t
Prague Transportation: 686 reviews and 573 photos
Admire the beauty of Prague from The Vltava River. This is a unique opportunity to take-in beautiful views.
Note: be prepeared - the boats in Prague are not too much luxurious.
Usial price wth a complete guide services isabout 290 CZK.
Other Contact: http://www.discover-prague.com/e
Prague underground - “metro” - covers most of Prague and is the fastest and easiest way to get around the city.
- Trains run every day from 5:00 to 24:00
- Trains run at 2-3 min frequency during peak hours and 5-10 min during weekends
- Number of stations: 54, number of covered km: 56
Consists of 3 lines:
Green Line (A) – ending stations at Depo Hostivar (East) and Dejvicka (West)
Yellow Line (B) – ending stations at Cerny most (North East) and Zlicin (South-West)
Red Line (C) – ending stations at Ladvi (North) and Haje (South East)
Old Town Square
The carriage can pick you up at the Old Town Square or at your hotel.
1 Hour Tour Horse Carriage
1-4 People Entrance Fees
CZK 2,700 / EUR 113 / USD 150
Extra charge: 1200 CZK / 1 hour ride with a tour guide; if you book more than 2 hours the guide fee would be 600 CZK / hour.
Note: Not operating from 4th January to 31st March
The network of motorways can not as yet compare with the level in other European countries.
The speed limit is 130 km/h on motorways, 90 km/h on the main roads and 50 km/h in towns.
You must have a road tax disc in order to drive on the motorways. The cost is 800 Kronen.
Seat belts are obligatory in the front of the vehicle.
Warning: the alcohol limit is 0.0 pro mille!
If you plan to rend a car in order to travel around in comfort, you should know about parking zones. They are marked by lines on the ground.
Orange zone – maximum parking time 2 hours, paid.
Green zone – maximally 6 hours, paid.
Blue zone – reserved for residents and local companies.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (70)
- See All Prague rooftops
- See All Karlovy Vary - Karlsbad
- See All Czech Language
- See All Charles Sqaure
kris-t's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "Prague-One of Europe's Best"
- "Golden City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Explore the World
- Germigny-des-Prés Hotels
- Good Hope Hotels
- Bandar Seri Begawan Hotels
- Garrison Hotels
- La Morra
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 74 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 233 reviews, 602 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 221 reviews, 489 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 108 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 82 reviews, 384 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 64 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 66 reviews, 248 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 74 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Prague hotel reviews
- Hostel Boathouse Prague
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Ventana Hotel Prague
- 415 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Savic Hotel
- 1030 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Golden Star (Zlata Hvezda) Hotel Prague
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Hotel Lunik Prague
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Miss Sophie's
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Hotel Melantrich
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Pension Beta Prague
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- Hotel Abri
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Bohemia Plaza
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Euroagentur Hotel Vanicek
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2010
- Elysee Hotel Prague
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Sokolska Youth Hostel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2012
- Old Town Square Hotel and Residence
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Charles Bridge- 425 Reviews, 756 Photos
- St Vitus's Cathedral- 297 Reviews, 518 Photos
- Castle- 365 Reviews, 641 Photos
- Old-Town Hall & Astronomical Clock- 288 Reviews, 465 Photos
- Wenceslas Square- 145 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Old-Town Square- 235 Reviews, 411 Photos
- Lesser Town- 86 Reviews, 159 Photos
- Golden Lane- 111 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Church of Our Lady before Tyn- 130 Reviews, 209 Photos
- St Nicholas's Church- 135 Reviews, 232 Photos
See All Prague Things to Do