"Ontario" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario by kris-t
Province of Ontario Travel Guide: 11,586 reviews and 27,631 photos
Ontario is the most populous and second-largest in area of Canada's ten provinces. It is found in east-central Canada. Its capital is Toronto. Ottawa, the capital of Canada, is also located in Ontario.
Ontario is bounded on the north by Hudson Bay and James Bay, on the east by Quebec, on the west by Manitoba, and on the south by the U.S. states of Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York. Ontario's long American border is formed almost entirely by lakes and rivers, starting in Lake of the Woods and continuing to the Saint Lawrence River near Cornwall; it passes through the four Great Lakes Ontario shares with bordering states, namely Lakes Superior, Huron (which includes Georgian Bay), Erie, and Ontario (for which the province is named; the name Ontario itself is a corruption of the Iroquois word "Onitariio" meaning "beautiful lake" or "Kanadario," variously translated as "beautiful water"). There are approximately 250,000 lakes and over 100,000 kilometres (62,000 mi) of rivers in the province
The province consists of three main geographical regions:
the thinly populated Canadian Shield in the northwestern and central portions, a mainly infertile area rich in minerals and studded with lakes and rivers; sub-regions are Northwestern Ontario and Northeastern Ontario.
the mostly unpopulated Hudson Bay Lowlands in the extreme north and northeast, mainly swampy and sparsely forested; and
the temperate, and therefore most populous region, the fertile Great Lakes-Saint Lawrence Valley in the south where agriculture and industry are concentrated. Southern Ontario is further sub-divided into four regions; Southwestern Ontario (parts of which formerly referred to as Western Ontario), Golden Horseshoe (includes captial Toronto), Central Ontario and Eastern Ontario.
Ontario Cowboy Shops could be one of your sources for all the latest in trendy western fashion. - Handmade cowboy boots... more travel advice
The festival 2012 was held in commemoration of the War of 1812 Bicentennial. Fest activities include: demonstrations... more travel advice
kris-t's Related Pages
Province of Ontario Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Driving west through the wilds"
- "Discovering Ontario"
- "Ontario, huge metropolis and unspoiled scenery"
- "Ontario, Yours to Discover"
- "Faiza`s & Ifrah`s Ontario, district by district"
- "Ontario - land of contrasts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Ontario
- Hotels in Province of Ontario
- Transportation in Province of Ontario
- Nightlife in Province of Ontario
- Restaurants in Province of Ontario
- Shopping in Province of Ontario
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Ontario
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Province of Ontario
- 525 Reviews
- 1,914 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Province of Ontario?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Ontario
- Posted in Travel Moscow Forum "Re: What to do in Moscow for a..."
- created a Province of Ontario Travelogue "Thunder by the Beach - Grand Bend"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thunder by the Beach - Grand Bend"
- Wrote a Review Cowboy Shops in Ontario in Province of Ontario Shopping
- Uploaded a Video to Province of Ontario
Photos in Province of OntarioSee All Photos (1914)
Videos in Province of OntarioSee All Videos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 233 reviews, 602 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 221 reviews, 489 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 108 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 82 reviews, 384 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 64 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 66 reviews, 248 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 74 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
Top Province of Ontario hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- 1438 Reviews - 3575 Photos
- Ottawa Hotels
- 1797 Reviews - 4417 Photos
- Windsor Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 962 Photos
- Kingston Hotels
- 182 Reviews - 384 Photos
- Collingwood Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Mississauga Hotels
- 90 Reviews - 267 Photos
- Thunder Bay Hotels
- 188 Reviews - 329 Photos
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
- 127 Reviews - 286 Photos
- Brantford Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Sudbury Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 128 Photos
- Stittsville Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Burlington Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Guelph Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Algonquin Provincial Park Hotels
- 282 Reviews - 388 Photos