"Russia - my native country" Top 5 Page for this destination Russia by kris-t
Russia Travel Guide: 14,339 reviews and 36,528 photos
The name of the country derives from the name of the Rus' people. The origin of the people itself and of their name is a matter of some controversy.
Russia is the largest country in the world, covering one eighth of the world’s surface and spanning 11 different time zones. Population – approximately 146 million.
The Russia was the first to send a satellite (Sputnik I in 1957), an animal (the dog Laika aboard Sputnik II in 1957) and a cosmonaut (Yuri Gagarin aboard Vostok I in Apr.1961).
Russia is a country that stretches over a vast expanse of Europe and Asia. With an area of 17,075,200 square kilometres (6,595,600 mi²), it is the largest country in the world (by land mass), covering almost twice the territory of the next-largest country, Canada and ranks as the world's eighth largest population.
You are welcome to our Moscow page!
You will not grasp her with your mind
Or cover with a common label,
For Russia is one of a kind -
Believe in her, if you are able...
(Tutchev, transl. Liberman)
I will try to give you more general information about Russia on this page; it is a reason why this page was build a bit different than the others: shopping tips are more about Russian folk arts, and restaurant tips - about Russian cuisine.
- Pros:a beautiful nature and impressive historical part
- In a nutshell:Russia cannot be understood with the mind ...
This popular and very healthy soup is high in vitamins and calcium. It can be eaten either hot or cold and is quite... more travel advice
Rassolnik is a traditional Russian soup made from pickled cucumbers, pearl barley and pork or beef kidneys. The key... more travel advice
- See All Lake Baikal
- See All Passing the Russian Customs Control -...
- See All Orthodox Church - Pravoslavnaya Tserkov
kris-t's Related Pages
Russia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What an interesting country & great architecture !"
- "Once upon a time in Russia..."
- "Russia - my native country"
- "Russia is my second home"
- "Sharrie's Russia Kremlin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Russia
- Hotels in Russia
- Transportation in Russia
- Nightlife in Russia
- Restaurants in Russia
- Shopping in Russia
- Warnings and Dangers in Russia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Russia
- 349 Reviews
- 972 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Russia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Russia
Videos in RussiaSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 229 reviews, 774 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 234 reviews, 636 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 221 reviews, 489 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 108 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 82 reviews, 384 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 64 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 67 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
Top Russia hotels
- Moscow Hotels
- 4023 Reviews - 9185 Photos
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- 3483 Reviews - 7366 Photos
- Vladivostok Hotels
- 229 Reviews - 533 Photos
- Murmansk Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Volgograd Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 147 Photos
- Yekaterinburg Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 337 Photos
- Kostroma Hotels
- 117 Reviews - 517 Photos
- Ufa Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Petrozavodsk Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 350 Photos
- Novokuznetsk Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Sochi Hotels
- 91 Reviews - 279 Photos
- Krasnodar Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Voronezh Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 76 Photos
- Irkutsk Hotels
- 186 Reviews - 633 Photos
- Chelyabinsk Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 23 Photos