"Kalundborg" Kalundborg by kris-t
Kalundborg Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 24 photos
Kalundborg is a small harbor town in Denmark dating back to the 12th century and well known for the beautiful five-spired church which is closely associated with King Valdemar I and the famous Archbishop Absalon.
It is also the traditional seat of the aristocratic Lerche family. The stately home of Lerchenborg, the best example of rococo architecture in Denmark, can be seen on the town's outskirts.
Kalundborg also is very well known as the location of a large broadcasting facility, the Transmitter Kalundborg.
- Pros:the wonderful old town
- Cons:cold, cold winter
- In a nutshell:a nice place for a one day trip
The old part of the town looks like Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale background! Town prevents this houses from any... more travel advice
The estate, the fine example of rococo architecture, was purchased in 1742 by general Christian Lerche and the house was... more travel advice
kris-t's Related Pages
Kalundborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home 15km east of Kalundborg"
- "A nice place to visit"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalundborg
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kalundborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalundborg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 229 reviews, 774 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 234 reviews, 636 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 221 reviews, 489 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 108 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 82 reviews, 384 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 64 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 67 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 58 reviews, 219 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue