Copenhagen Things to Do Tips by kris-t
Copenhagen Things to Do: 1,658 reviews and 3,305 photos
The front of the palace (2002)
Christiansborg Castle is a complex of government buildings, including the Parliament, Supreme Court, and Prime Minister's office.
The current Christiansborg actually is the third castle. It was built from 1907 to 1928 (the first one was completed in 1745).
Original tiles were replaced with copper in 1937-1938. Later a weather vane with two crowns was added to the tower and at 106 meters became the tallest tower in the city.
The royal family has not lived at Christianborg for over 200 years but still uses the palace for special occasions.
Admission: 45 DKK for children; 95 DKK for adults; 75 DKK for groups; 75 DKK for students
Address: Prins Jørgens Gård 1, Copenhagen
Phone: 33 37 55 00
The City Hall Square
Copenhagen City Hall (Københavns Rådhus) is the headoffices of the municipal council as well as the Lord mayor of the Copenhagen Municipality.
The current building was build in 1893-1905 in the National Romantic style.
Copenhagen City Hall has also very impressive interiors.
Address: The City Hall Square
Directions: Center of the city
Børsen (mean: The Stock Exchange) is a gorgeous Dutch renaissance style building on Slotsholmen in central Copenhagen wich was built in 1619–1640 .
It housed the Danish stock-market until 1974.
The three crowns at the top of the building (reaching a height of 56 meters) represent the kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Address: Børsen, 1217 København K
Directions: Steps from Christiansborg
Phone: 3374 6573
The Castle is situated in The King's Garden the oldest royal garden, also known as "Rosenborg Castle Garden".
The castle was originally built as a country summerhouse in 1606 and used by Danish regents as a Royal residence up to 1710.
The castle is open to the public for tours and houses a museum exhibiting the Royal Collections.
May 1 - May 31 10am - 4pm
Jun. 1 - Aug. 31 10am - 5pm
Sep. 1 - Oct. 31 10am - 4pm
Nov. 1 - Dec. 21 Castle 11am - 2pm
Adults 80 kr.
Children (0-17 years) Free admision
Address: Øster Voldgade 4A, 1350 København K
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 33 15 32 86
Water Mother, Kai Nielsen
The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek is a museum of antique sculpture from the ancient cultures around the Mediterranean including Egypt, Rome and Greece.
Great collections comprise more than 10,000 works of art.
The Egyptian Collection has more than 1,900 pieces
The French Collection includes works by David and Manet, as well as a large collection of Impressionist painters - Monet, Bonnard and Cezanne.
You can see my favorite Auguste Rodin's 'The Thinker' in the museum garden.
Tuesday - Sunday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Address: Dantes Plads 7, DK-1556 Copenhagen V
Other Contact: http://eshop-glyptoteket.dk/defa
Phone: (+ 45) 33 41 81 41
Tivoli Gardens is historic Copenhagen amusement park and one of the most popular tourist destination.
Tivoli was opened in 1843 on the western edge of the city whish today it is in the center of Copenhagen.
Tivoli is at its best at night with its 100,000 colored lanterns light up.
Entry fee: about 68 Kroner
Address: Vesterbrogade 3, benhavn V
Phone: 33 15 10 01
Nyhavn Harbor in Copenhagen is the old sailors' quarters and the home of Hans Christian Andersen.
It has been converted into colorful trendy cafes, bars, and jazz clubs.
It's also the best place to take a tour on one of the many Copenhagen harbor cruise and canal cruise boats.
Address: Nyhavn Harbor, Copenhagen
City Hall Square
City Hall Square is the largest square in Copenhagen.
The foundation stone was laid down by crown prince Frederick on July 1894 (the day of his 25th wedding anniversary). The square was inaugurated in 1905.
You will be impressed by National Romantic style.
On one side of the square is the location of the Tivoli and on the other side of the square the famous pedestrian street Strøget begins.
Address: Rådhuspladsen, Copenhagen
Statue of the Little Mermaid
The bronze statue of the Little Mermaid was unveiled on Aug. 1913.
Interesting that the statue displayed in Copenhagen harbour has always been a copy. The sculptor's heirs keep the original at an undisclosed location.
It seems as a right move: the statue has been damaged and defaced many times since the mid-1960s for various reasons, but has been restored each time.
Address: Langelinie, Copenhagen, Denmark
More Reviews (7)
kris-t's Related Pages
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Copenhagen, a "suburb" to Valby..."
- "Windy-ful Copenhagen"
- "COPENHAGEN ON THE CHEAP"
- "Operas and cycling in Copenhagen"
- "Highly Hygge!"
- "Copenhagen city of Absalon"
- "little mermaid’s city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Hotels in Copenhagen
- Transportation in Copenhagen
- Nightlife in Copenhagen
- Restaurants in Copenhagen
- Shopping in Copenhagen
- Warnings and Dangers in Copenhagen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Taytay Hotels
- Pontypridd Hotels
- Da Lat
- Pohoiki Hotels
- Newark Heights Hotels
Badges & Stats in Copenhagen
- 16 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Copenhagen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copenhagen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 229 reviews, 774 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 234 reviews, 636 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 221 reviews, 489 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 470 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 108 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 82 reviews, 384 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ontario Intro, 64 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Russia Intro, 67 reviews, 251 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niagara Falls Intro, 84 reviews, 188 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Copenhagen hotel reviews
- Copenhagen Plaza
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Copenhagen Crown Hotel
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Chicken's Private Pension
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2010
- Hotel Cabinn Scandinavia Copenhagen
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Hotel Fox
- 238 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Copenhagen Strand Hotel
- 404 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- D'Angleterre Hotel Copenhagen
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel Christian IV
- 148 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Hotel Jorgensen
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Hotel Windsor
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Hotel Copenhagen
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Opera Hotel
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Centrum
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Esplanaden
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2013
- Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair
- 625 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Tivoli- 133 Reviews, 244 Photos
- Strøget- 46 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Christiania- 47 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Nyhavn- 100 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Rådhuspladsen - Town hall square- 80 Reviews, 169 Photos
- Little Mermaid- 97 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Amalienborg Palace- 70 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Canal & Harbour Tours- 47 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Carlsberg Brewery- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Rundetårn- 54 Reviews, 104 Photos
See All Copenhagen Things to Do