"Habari" Kenya by wrldtravler
Kenya Travel Guide: 4,303 reviews and 11,695 photos
My parents have travelled to kenya since the 70's when it was a playground for wealthy europeans.
They weren't Wealthy or European but Kenya was as much fun for them as it is for anyone who will go there today.
The moment you land you sense the unadulteratedness in the air. It is filled with nature's scents not man's.
Kenya is like most of africa -- Naked -- Void of pretentiousness.
Where Nature is the sight to be seen Not a building, a Church, A Theme Park or a man made park.
Nairobi is like any city but less efficient, i like that, it shows that when we're in touch with ourselves the city and it's ways are a misfit and not a natural fit.
Translation of Jambo bwana lyrics
Jambo - Hi
Jambo bwana - Hi sir
Habari gani? - How are you?
Mzuri sana - Very fine
Wageni mwakaribishwa - Visitors are welcome
Kenya yetu - Our (country) Kenya
Hakuna matata - (there are) no worries
Kenya nchi nzuri - Kenya is a nice country
Nchi ya maajabu - A beautiful country
Nchi yenye amani - A peaceful country
Kenya yetu - Our country
Kenya wote - All Kenyans
Kenya isn't a very big country and i think you could plan a trip which includes, A safari, Nairobi plus a visit to the coast in a 3 week schedule.
My last trip there was a little over 3 weeks and I'm writing down my rough Itinerary:
Nairobi - First 2 Days Taking in the Sights
Lake Naivasha & Lake Nakuru - Day trips but could be made into Overnight stays.
Mombasa by Train - An Amazing Experience, passes through Tsavo Park and the Maneaters of Tsavo fed on the labourers building the railway track connecting Mombasa & Nairobi.
Diani/Tiwi - The party beaches of the Kenyan Coast.. blue waters, white sands.
Back to Nairobi.
So I'm putting down all my resources for the following cities/towns under the Kenya page.
- Pros:Gorgeous vistas, wildlife and people
- Cons:Nairobi - Nairoberry
- In a nutshell:A little scarey at first but a lot of fun afterwards-- just like being naked!
Travel to most African countries requires a yellow fever vaccination. It's important to get the shot in advance if you... more travel advice
They are a restaurant by day which i haven't visited but i hear the food is good. By night it turns into a nightclub.... more travel advice
wrldtravler's Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "AMBOSELI SAFARI!!"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 78 reviews, 79 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 55 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Goa Intro, 32 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 24 reviews, 24 photos
- Kenya Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues