"Bergen - The city of rain" Bergen by jonkb
Bergen Travel Guide: 945 reviews and 2,380 photos
I lived in Bergen a few years ago, working at Haukeland University Hospital
Bergen is Norways second largest city measured in population and square kilometers, only passed by the capital Oslo. I
t's the perfect staringpoint for a visit to the fjojrds. Thats why it calls itself the gateway to the fjords.
The town hasn't always been called Bergen. It's also known as Bjørgvin.
It was the capitol of Norway, as well as the natural place for a viking to set sail into the northern atlantic. It was the northernmost hanseatic town (wich you can see at "Bryggen").
The town has been on fire several times.
- Cons:Rain, deffinetly the Rain
- In a nutshell:Wedged in among seven mountains, but by the sea
Most people pass this whithout ever knowing about it. There is a Rhododendarium between the Library/Railwaystation and... more travel advice
These are a part of the Hanseatic Museum. Originally the only heated houses on the Wharf because of the firehazard. You... more travel advice
- See All Øygarden
- Good view in good weather
- See All Meat - MEAT
jonkb's Related Pages
Bergen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bergen - The city between the seven mountains"
- "The sunshine city of blue sky, blue sea, blue eyes"
- "Bergen in Norway"
- "The Fjord' Capital City"
- "City of rain and some nice benches"
- "Welcome to the land of the Vikings!"
- "Bergen in Fall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergen
- Hotels in Bergen
- Transportation in Bergen
- Nightlife in Bergen
- Restaurants in Bergen
- Shopping in Bergen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bergen
- 41 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bergen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergen
Photos in BergenSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Bergen Intro, 41 reviews, 28 photos
- Norway Intro, 48 reviews, 15 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Trondheim Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Malmö Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Krakow 15 photos, 2 travelogues