"The white city of the southern land" Risør by jonkb
Risør Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 15 photos
Alright, it's not the only white city on the southern coast, but that is what they call semselves. A german visitor told me that they called the city the Nordic Cannes.
Don't know about any prizes given to film personell here, but I guess it's because of the white houses.
The city was built in the time when Sailing ships where the most advanced that people could think about. It feels like that too.
Whenever I'm in Risør (the date above is only the last time) my residence will be in a house that has been in my family for generations.
This is THE festival for wooden boat lovers. It's been arranged for 20-some times. The harbour is full of boats. Boats... more travel advice
The Aquarium is the only salt water aquarium on the southern coast. It's not big, but children seem to be enjoing it. more travel advice
jonkb's Related Pages
Risør Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The white city of the southern land"
- "Risör - One of the White Villages"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Kent
- Balik Pulau Hotels
- Mérida Hotels
- Blackwater River State Park Hotels
- Wrightsville Beach
- Portinho da Arrábida
- Captiva Island
- Glasgow Hotels
- Guagua Hotels
- Le Cap d'Agde
- Lignano Sabbiadoro
- Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area Hotels
Badges & Stats in Risør
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Risør?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Risør
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Bergen Intro, 41 reviews, 28 photos
- Norway Intro, 48 reviews, 15 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 25 reviews, 20 photos
- Trondheim Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Malmö Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 15 reviews