"The city where I studied" Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim by jonkb
Trondheim Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 999 photos
I studied in Trondheim from 1994 to 1999 at the <a href="www.ntnu.no">Norwegian University for Science and Technology</A>, so I've got to know the city quite well.
It is one of the major cities in Norway, and always arguing with Bergen over which city is the best. I guess it all boils down to what you like: Rain or just periods of it.
The city was founded in 997 by Olav Trygvason. You can see his statue in the town square.
At his feet is a head. That is the head of Kvark the trell (the slave) who helped Olav find his rival Ladejarl. Olav had promissed a reward to whomever helped him find the rival, but Kvark also was the slave of that rival so instead of a reward, he was beheaded. The moral being that the master should be able to trust his slave.
- Pros:Lot of history
- Cons:You have to know where to look
- In a nutshell:City with a lot of history, but still modern
This museum is a bit out of town. It is a collection of houses moved here from various places in Trøndelag. The... more travel advice
Samfundet is an almost completely round building just south of the river. It's owned and run competely by... more travel advice
jonkb's Related Pages
Trondheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 days in Trondheim"
- "Norway's First Capital, Trondhjem"
- "The anciest Norway's Capital"
- "The city where I studied"
- "Trondheim - A visit on historical ground"
- "Nidaros - Historical capital of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trondheim
- Hotels in Trondheim
- Transportation in Trondheim
- Nightlife in Trondheim
- Restaurants in Trondheim
- Shopping in Trondheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Trondheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trondheim
- 20 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Trondheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trondheim
Photos in TrondheimSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- Bergen Intro, 41 reviews, 28 photos
- Norway Intro, 48 reviews, 15 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trondheim Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Berlin Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Malmö Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 15 reviews