"Colorful Sarchi" Sarchí by SESM
Sarchí Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 27 photos
Even the public trash cans are painted with the colorful geometric and floral paintings reknowned in this town! This is where the wooden oxcarts are made and many of the crafts and furniture shops that line the streets of this fairly bustling town have oxcarts or oxcart wheels outside. Some of the shops are pretty touristy, while others have really fine wooden crafts. It was here that I learned of the wide variety of hard woods that Costa Rica is famous for. They even sell cards with squares of each wood and the tree of origin identified! The church in this town is nice but not exceptional. The bridges on the windy roads leading to and from town are painted in Sarchi style!
- Pros:Colorful Art, Great Shopping
- Cons:Too many tourist trap shops mixed in
- In a nutshell:Great Crafts But Hardly Undiscovered!
SESM's Related Pages
Sarchí Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arts and Crafts"
- "Costa Rican craft center"
- "Colorful Sarchi"
- "Souvenir VIllage"
- "Sarchí - Where to go for shopping"
- "Extraordinary Craftsmanship"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarchí
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sarchí?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarchí
Top 10 Pages
- El Salvador Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Salvador Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Lucía Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Oxfordshire Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Guanacaste Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Tuscany Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of the Western Cape Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Knysna Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos