United Kingdom Nightlife Tips by Sjalen
United Kingdom Nightlife: 122 reviews and 72 photos
For those of us who enjoy more than loud techno music and over dressed-up people, ceilidhs are wonderful. Mostly found in Scotland, they are gatherings at the local pub or music club with live folk music to dance to and dance you will as it is impossible to sit still to the sound of fast violins and such. Besides, the locals will drag you up before you can blink too and teach you their steps. Don't worry if you belong to those of us who think you cannot dance. No one minds that sort of stuff at a ceilidh and it is socialising over all generations. The stuff magic evenings are made of :)
Dress Code: Whatever.
Directions: Look out for "ceilidh" signs outside pubs etc. in Scotland.
Theme: Live Music
I'm not giving any names since places are 'here today, gone tomorrow' in this world but London and Manchester are excellent for all music life, clubbing etc. and places like Glasgow, Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham aren't far behind. Just grab copies of their local papers to see what's hot at the moment.
More Reviews (56)
- See All Hampton Court Palace
- See All Wilton
- See All English breakfast
- See All Coaching inns
- See All Gardening
Sjalen's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 693 Reviews
- 1,119 Photos
- 862 Forum posts
- 69 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues