"World Heritage mountain city" Top 5 Page for this destination Goslar by Sjalen
Goslar Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 293 photos
Goslar is a Unesco World Heritage site and yet so unknown to non-Germans it's amazing! My guess is that is has always been too close to the old DDR border for westerners to bother with and they've gone to Bavaria and the Black Forest instead when they've wanted mountains. The one exception is probably coach loads of Swedes in spring as Sweden is close to northern Germany. I am priviliged as I can return to this gem now and again, having family in nearby Wolfsburg (and there you need to get away and feast your eyes on gorgeous architecture sometimes!). Since the reunification of Germany, more people come here but it is also now competing with the picturesque former GDR town of Wernigerode on the other side of Mount Brocken. Go to both and decide which one to favour in future as I'm sure you will want to return to the Harz mountains.
- Pros:picturesque, mountains
- Cons:not really
- In a nutshell:A stroll friendly town with a mountain backdrop.
A warm sweater if you intend to go to Torfhaus and Brocken as it is often a lot cooler up there than in Goslar itself.... more travel advice
When in Germany, an Italian ice café is a must and this is the best one I've found in Goslar. Amaretto Becher...gosh... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Goslar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Goslar: Old Town Jewel"
- "The most beautiful city in Lower Saxony"
- "Picture-perfect medieval town!"
- "World Heritage mountain city"
- "Goslar - a historic mining town"
- "My Goslar page..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goslar
- Hotels in Goslar
- Transportation in Goslar
- Restaurants in Goslar
- Shopping in Goslar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goslar
- 10 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (199)
Have you been to Goslar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goslar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues