"Off the beaten path" Helmstedt by Sjalen
Helmstedt Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 123 photos
Helmstedt is a nice small town on the old DDR border. There are many nice things to see even though it is off the beaten path. For instance a great nature reserve only known to Germans and some historic buildings in the town centre. The main reason for coming is however the DDR legacy. In a village outside town, which like so many others was split in two, a part of the wall has been saved and now been turned into an exhibition so that we never forget...
- Pros:Off the beaten path, nice scenery
- Cons:You need a car to go around
- In a nutshell:Modern history and countryside
Sjalen's Related Pages
Helmstedt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the beaten path"
- "DDR customs ... past revisited"
- "Helmstedt - I was always just passing through"
- "A Wombat in Helmstedt"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helmstedt
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Helmstedt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helmstedt
Photos in HelmstedtSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues