"Wine and tourists" Rüdesheim am Rhein by Sjalen
Rüdesheim am Rhein Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 325 photos
We went to Rüdesheim for a day as a part of our Rhine Gorge trip (see my Boppard and Bacharach pages). Even in March it was full of tourists so I recommend that you go then and not during August-September when the whole world is there for the grape harvest.
THE tourist town in the region and well known for its wines. The famous Drosselgasse restaurant street is quickly seen (and then avoided) but up the hill is the entrance to the cable cars (come early) . A ten minute ride above the vineyards takes you up a hill with a great view of the Rhine and Bingen on the opposite shore. Rüdesheim also has a wine museum and a mechanical music instruments museum as well as boat excursions to other Rhine towns.
- Pros:wine, huge European river, friendly
- Cons:touristy like few German towns
- In a nutshell:Fine as a daytrip
Just north of town is the village of Assmanshausen, along the Rhine. A vineyard village like so many others in the area,... more travel advice
In an old castle near the railway station is the museum where you are shown old techniques and presses and given... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Rüdesheim am Rhein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice MUST SEE-TOURIST-TRAP on the Rhine"
- "On the Rhine in Rudesheim"
- "Too little time in Rüdesheim"
- "RUDESHEIM & TOURIST'S GO TOGETHER!"
- "Rūdesheim am Rhine"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Hotels in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Transportation in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Nightlife in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Restaurants in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Shopping in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Warnings and Dangers in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rüdesheim am Rhein
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Rüdesheim am Rhein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rüdesheim am Rhein
Photos in Rüdesheim am RheinSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues