"Sand and sea" Blankenberge by Sjalen
Blankenberge Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 249 photos
Born in Stockholm and grown up in Göteborg, both with magnificent archipelagos, I had a hard time during my five years in Brussels, constantly pining for the sea. There were the odd days when we decided that enough was enough, and took the train to the coast (along with the rest of Belgium as it is only a short strip for a population the size of Sweden). Blankenberge became a favourite. Whilst De Haan is more unspoilt and peaceful, Blankenberge is bigger and we enjoyed the almost "English" seaside fun that could be had here with a pier, minigolf and lots of amusement arcades. I AM your air hockey champion! :-)))
It is also not as elegant as Knokke, which was way to snobbish for us and moreover, too spread out. Oostende is also nice and more of a busy port, but Blankenberge simply had that "bit of everything".
- Pros:relaxed atmosphere, seaside fun
- Cons:ugly apartment blocks along the seafront, rain
- In a nutshell:Air hockey, frites and minigolf :-)
It couldn't be easier getting here. Just catch the train from Brussels (a little more than an hour) or Brugge (not even... more travel advice
At the northern end of the sea front, there is a minigolf course which is very nice and where I... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Blankenberge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "B L A N K E N B E R G E.....The North Sea"
- "Not far from home, but very beautiful"
- "Birthday at the beach"
- "Blankenberge-a daytrip to the belgian coast"
- "Highrisers parallel to the Northsea"
- "Sand and sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blankenberge
- Hotels in Blankenberge
- Transportation in Blankenberge
- Nightlife in Blankenberge
- Restaurants in Blankenberge
- Shopping in Blankenberge
- Warnings and Dangers in Blankenberge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blankenberge
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Blankenberge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blankenberge
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Blankenberge hotel reviews