"Naturally Flanders" Gent by Sjalen
Gent Travel Guide: 1,437 reviews and 3,724 photos
Gent is one of my favourite cities in Belgium. Firstly, there are loads of historical things to look at which gives it an atmosphere and some very nice buildings. Secondly, it is a great student town with wonderful pubs where you meet people and enjoy Belgian beers. Being in between businesslike Brussels and touristy Brugge (Bruges) it also feels more "genuine" than those two. The picture is of the Workers House in Vridagmarkt, one of the greatest buildings in the city I think. The scanning doesn't show all the Workers' messages on it...
- Pros:student atmosphere, historical city
- In a nutshell:A top Belgian city
From the castle you get this great city view and can orientate yourself amongst all the spires and canals. more travel advice
By train. All trains between Brussels and the coast/Bruges stop here as well as several others. The tram system in town... more travel advice
Sjalen's Related Pages
Gent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ghent - my hometown"
- "July 21 in Ghent: exotic!"
- "Simply Put: A Fabulous City"
- "Gent - Go There - Drink Beer"
- "A love affair begins...."
- "Ghent: The rebellious city"
- "Gent / Ghent / Gand / Gante"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gent
- Hotels in Gent
- Transportation in Gent
- Nightlife in Gent
- Restaurants in Gent
- Shopping in Gent
- Warnings and Dangers in Gent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gent
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Gent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gent
Photos in GentSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 166 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 105 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 80 reviews, 142 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 105 reviews, 111 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malmö Intro, 79 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 82 reviews, 116 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 46 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Visby Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 72 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 35 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues